The Horse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
IME a lot of 'gurus' & instructors are like that
loosie, I guess you just haven't been lucky. Most I met were very open-minded, also a lot still take lessons from other trainers (like eventing trainers take lessons with dressage trainers, dressage trainers go to clinics and symposium with those world-known ones, etc.). Although I agree some are indeed "my way or highway" (and I very much dislike that).

·
Registered
23,909 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can find a video on youtube where his stallion is 'asked' to rear up. But in doing so when coming down, the stallion literally almost bites off his head.......

A couple months later he had announced he is not riding his horses anymore (not even for the fifteen minutes as he has preached about before), due to the pain and strain it puts on the horse's back.

I personally believe he stopped riding not because the horses were in 'pain'. But simply because they have become too dangerous for him to handle since he disagrees in any disipline action toward them for dangerous behavior.....

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I agree that he is very "offbeat". However, I believe there are gems of wisdom to be found in the most unusual places. There are some snippets to be learned from a person who can ride a horse this way;

Sometimes you just have to wade through a lot of rantings to find these gems.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I've seen claims that the photos in which he rides in a classical dressage manner with a bridleless horse are actually manipulated and the bits and bridles have just been erased in a professional way. I've also seen some of the photos, but I can't seem to find them now as they are mostly posted in Russian sites and I can't write in Russian to make a good search.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Well, but he sure can teach a horse to rear!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I've seen claims that the photos in which he rides in a classical dressage manner with a bridleless horse are actually manipulated and the bits and bridles have just been erased in a professional way. I've also seen some of the photos, but I can't seem to find them now as they are mostly posted in Russian sites and I can't write in Russian to make a good search.
Unless they are erased in videos as well: :wink:

However I came across the article from the former Nevzorov kool-aider that he doesn't have real books, videos, and doesn't take students in to teach. Which (if true of course as I have no idea) IS suspicious: means he has something to hide when he trains.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Thanks for the video, kitten. ;) It is said in this commercial of his dvd series that people should not try anything that it shown in his videos without gaining knowledge exclusively form Nevzorov's school and on horses that have not been trained by his methods.

·
Super Moderator
22,873 Posts
loosie, I guess you just haven't been lucky. Most I met were very open-minded,
No, your guess is not correct. Know of many openminded ones, but it seems many of the 'big guns', such as Parelli for eg(Mildot, sorry for the sarcasm, I was assuming you realised he & KC LaPierre do indeed have huge followings despite being rather 'narcissistic' as someone put it), want people to follow their complete program, in their manner **if they CHOOSE to become their student**.

I've seen claims that the photos in which he rides in a classical dressage manner with a bridleless horse are actually manipulated and the bits and bridles have just been erased
Yeah, people will 'claim' anything, particularly if they can't work out how to do it themselves. I think those 'claims' are just ridiculous. Wasn't so many years back there were similar 'claims' about Buck Brannaman, Parelli, for eg, because people didn't believe what they saw.

Anyway, as someone put it, 'whatever floats your boat'(I like that saying, BTW:lol:). I find it inspiring to watch the man is all. If you don't, don't watch. If like me, you don't wish to 'adhere' to all his opinions, it's your choice not to become a student of his.

·
Super Moderator
22,873 Posts
loosie, I guess you just haven't been lucky. Most I met were very open-minded,
No, your guess is not correct. Know of many openminded ones, but it seems many of the 'big guns', such as Parelli for eg(Mildot, sorry for the sarcasm, I was assuming you realised he & KC LaPierre do indeed have huge followings despite being rather 'narcissistic' as someone put it), want people to follow their complete program, in their manner **if they CHOOSE to become their student**.

I've seen claims that the photos in which he rides in a classical dressage manner with a bridleless horse are actually manipulated and the bits and bridles have just been erased
Yeah, people will 'claim' anything, particularly if they can't work out how to do it themselves. I think those 'claims' are just ridiculous. Wasn't so many years back there were similar 'claims' about Buck Brannaman, Parelli, for eg, because people didn't believe what they saw.

Anyway, as someone put it, 'whatever floats your boat'(I like that saying, BTW:lol:). I find it inspiring to watch the man is all. If you don't, don't watch. If like me, you don't wish to 'adhere' to all his opinions, it's your choice not to become a student of his.

·
Banned
1,689 Posts
but it seems many of the 'big guns', such as Parelli for eg(Mildot, sorry for the sarcasm, I was assuming you realised he & KC LaPierre do indeed have huge followings despite being rather 'narcissistic' as someone put it
This guys explains why very well

21 - 40 of 107 Posts