The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Wow, what a good looking filly. Congratulations!

Reactions: Captain Evil

·
Super Moderator
14,719 Posts
What a face.........

What a body............

What legs...............

Beautiful baby...

Please continue to update this as your filly ages and matures.
A photo essay of exquisite unfolding!! :smile:
:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Cinnamon toast

Reactions: trailhorserider

·
Super Moderator
12,663 Posts
As the stallion is n/O and W20/W20 which if I am not mistaken helps give other white patterns more expression, the baby is frame and this is not an unusual way they are marked. There may be some other white genes present that came from mom as with the name Frosty Becky I would suspect she has some thing to show for the name.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
As the stallion is n/O and W20/W20 which if I am not mistaken helps give other white patterns more expression, the baby is frame and this is not an unusual way they are marked. There may be some other white genes present that came from mom as with the name Frosty Becky I would suspect she has some thing to show for the name.

Thanks! I had to look up "W20" as I had never heard of that before. It sounds like the gene responsible for otherwise normal looking white markings....and they mentioned it could "up" the expression of other patterns like you said.

I think she looks frame as well. I guess what I get confused on is some frames are so "crisp" and she is rather lacy like a sabino, as well as the white under the chin I believe is a sign of sabino. But the two dark legs say frame. But the left hind leg marking looks sabino? I'm kinda wondering if she has both, which is why I asked. :Angel:

Note, I am not well versed in horse genetics, but I really love pinto patterns and am trying to learn more about identifying them. It's a fun subject. :blueunicorn:

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
PS. Momma looks........rabicano? It's kinda hard to tell from the photos. I am just taking a guess.......because I like to see if I can guess right. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
12,663 Posts
I was thinking the same from the later pics. Rabicano from the way it is looking like a dusting of snow, heavier on the high points and close to the tail.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was thinking the same from the later pics. Rabicano from the way it is looking like a dusting of snow, heavier on the high points and close to the tail.
Her mom is a red roan so she may roan out when she has her first foal shed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts