The Horse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This beautiful little girl arrived at the barn today, we're going to be fostering her for a local rescue that I volunteer for. She is a 2 year old Thoroughbred filly, she was pulled from the Camelot Auction which is a notorious slaughter auction. She is sore behind, has cuts on her hind legs, and swollen ankles, and she is very off on her front right, the vet is coming tomorrow to xray her and check her out. The name she came with was Fishy :-x and her registered name was something like Pretty Fishy. We've renamed her Noelle, she is just the sweetest thing!!

Let me know what you think of her <3

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Awww, she has such a sweet, kind face. =) Who could even think to consider such a cute filly for slaughter? :evil:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Her name was Fishy? Thats so funny, because one of the names I had picked out for Cricket was Fish, spelled Phish. There was a HUGE old draft cross gelding at the ranch I used to ride at named Last Stand's Prince Fish. Everyone called him Fishy face. The owner used to do something with him, and that was his showing name or something. I was going to name Crick Phish in his honor.

She's adorable. I really hope everything turns out well with her. Maybe I'm just weird and like querky names, but I think Fishy is an absolutely darling name. But then again, I named my horse Cricket. So, maybe I just like the weird names ;)

Good luck with her!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oh she is so darling! I hate seeing such potentially great horses stuck in auctions! She is a lucky one! Keep us updated on her progress!

·
Registered
362 Posts
im glad you guys got her!! keep up the pics. i love love to see the progress that she makes!! what a good ending for her!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Poor baby! :( She looks like a real sweetheart, hope all goes well with her! Keep us posted.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Her ankles are looking much better in those photos. Good job.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Noelle is doing much better! She's moving much more freely, the vet is doing a follow up next week, she wanted to let her rest up for a bit and relax. She's not lame in the front anymore, and her cuts behind are healing! I'll take more pictures of her tomorrow, I haven't had a chance recently.

She's being turned out for about 45 min a day in our big indoor. And really seems to enjoy it!

Here's a link to her pedigree if anyone's interested :)
Kinda Fishy Horse Pedigree

·
Registered
808 Posts
Awww, she looks sweet! What rescue do you volunteer with? My friend runs a group in NJ that pulls a TON from Camelot.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
How wonderful it is to once again see another forum member perform another miracle and take a poor rescue in. She is a really gorgeous mare. Will be very exciting to see how well she turns out with some TLC.

The name you chose is absolutely beautiful and so heart warming over the holiday season.

Congrats on this little beauty and good luck her recovery. Have a wonderful Christmas :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts