The Horse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for awhile and decided to introduce myself. I have one horse of my own--Dani, a 10 year old QH mare. I also board a couple of horses for a friend and her daughter. Dylan, another QH, and Dusty, a Welsh Cob who is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I've had horses for...a long time. Almost 40 years. I guess I'm getting old. I qualify for the over 50 discussion group. I had two Arabs that I lost a couple of years ago. My 30 year old mare, Image, was the love of my life and I still miss her. Her son, Raj, was 25 and colicked a couple of weeks after I had Image put down because of chronic lameness, arthritis, and a back injury from being cast.

I also have a Golden Retriever and three cats. I mostly trail ride. When I bought Dani in 2010 I thought she was going to be a great trail horse. The test ride was awesome. I felt really stupid when I got her home and couldn't even get on her. When I finally did, with help, she was CRAZY! I put her up for sale, but after a couple of months, after her true sweet personality began to show, I decided to find a trainer. He did an awesome job with her and now she is the trail horse I wanted. She'd be better if I could ride her more often, and that is a goal I have for this year--if we ever get some decent weather. Another storm is on the way! I am ready for spring!!!!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What part of Ohio? I'm in SW Ohio. I'm certainly not looking forward to yet another storm. I need winter to be over with already!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8 Posts
replies from mule lady hi from cold pa i am sooooo ready

hi from amish country at I am hoping to meet a lot of good folk her I am married no kids just dogs horse and my boy duke mule _.love to talk about all sort of thing chistian topics n baking and what to do if your just flat our having a baaad day .:?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome also here from OHio but SW OHio

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Lots of Ohio people! Yay for SW Ohio people, too.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 11 of 11 Posts