The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum!
I just joined from southeast Texas. My family has a ranch, and my dad is a catfish farmer. We have 10 wild mustangs roaming the ranch, and I have one QH mare that I ride. Horses have always been a part of me, and when I get wrapped up in my job and can't ride as much as I want to, it really takes away from my mental health!
Looking forward to making new friends!
Cowgirl Kristin

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Welcome from another Texan, Kristin. This is an awesome place to hang out.

If you ever decide to cull your mustang herd, let me know. I love them. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I currently live in Beaumont, I'm trying to go to college down here. But my dad's ranch is in Newton, which is by Jasper, and thats where all the horses are. My finest mustang had a colt last May, he is going to be big for his breed. He is red with white socks and a white blaze. I am considering giving him to a VERY NICE home free of charge. I need to get him away from the stallion as soon as possible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have some friends from Sugar Land, its south of Houston. Do you ever take your horse to the beach? I LOVE riding on the beach. Have to be careful, though.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I currently live in Beaumont, I'm trying to go to college down here. But my dad's ranch is in Newton, which is by Jasper, and thats where all the horses are. My finest mustang had a colt last May, he is going to be big for his breed. He is red with white socks and a white blaze. I am considering giving him to a VERY NICE home free of charge. I need to get him away from the stallion as soon as possible.
So why don't you just remove the stallion or the parts responsible for making him a stallion?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a wild mustang herd. He takes care of the mares. He is worse than a guard dog. I wouldn't want to remove him. If I put him in another pasture, he would kill himself and the fence trying to get back to his herd. Here is a photo of the mustang mare and her colt that I'm willing to give away. And another photo of the appaloosa stallion, his sire. The baby is SO much bigger now, I just don't have a recent picture. I call him Socks.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
We have a couple of small lakes within riding distance from my Dad's house (25 miles) that I regularly go to in the summer. Though one of them was drained a few years ago and isn't filled back up yet. The other one is gorgeous and fed by an artesian well. It is just the right depth to ride your horse through cause it gets to about 15hh deep with just a few deep spots. Love it and I am looking forward to summer just for that reason. :D

That foal is absolutely adorable and I wish I were closer. I would take him in a heartbeat but I am sure that there are good homes a lot closer to where you are so I wish you luck in finding him one.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I have some friends from Sugar Land, its south of Houston. Do you ever take your horse to the beach? I LOVE riding on the beach. Have to be careful, though.
I live like 20 mins south of sugarland. And about 20 mins from the beach. But I haven't ridden there in agaes. Though that is where i learned to ride bareback. lol. I'm hoping that I will be able to go riding there soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts