Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
I am new to this, and am looking for a vote.
I am looking for tack for my grey mare that I will be using for some low level hunter shows in my local area. She is 6 and currently dappled, but is greying out slowly. My question to you is, do I put her in Chestnut tack (top) or Havana tack (bottom)?? I am going to try to include some pictures. The saddles I post are only reference colours, since I haven't bought one yet!!! And the picture of her is from last summer, before I owned her :)
Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What a beautiful mare! I wish dappled greys always stayed that shade...

It's up to you as to what you prefer. I don't think hunters pay attention to matching leather color as much as some disciplines. That being said, for the most part Havana and Oakbark are the 2 colors most people use. Personally I think Havana would be lovely on her. Havana is also very common so it's easier to match colors of bridles, girths, martingales, etc. Some of those lighter colors vary in shade from brand to brand. She would look great either way though, so choose what you think looks best!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.