The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty so I am getting a new horse, and need some more opinions, or ideas on names. I need both barn names and show names. It is a big large built gelding.

The only thing I ask of your ideas is that if they are in a different language, I would like the translation.

I want names that reflect inner wildness, or strength. I like the names so far:

Barn Name: Titan Show Name: Remember This Titan

Barn Name: Chaos Show Name: Don't know yet

Barn Name: Tank Show Name: Mission Possible(?)
Any ideas on different show names for the above mentioned would also be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance. =D

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
uuurm in my opinion ou should keep the name the previous owner had, changing the show name is ok though. its hard enough for a horse to settle into a new home let alone get used to a new name, which they probably never will.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uuurm in my opinion ou should keep the name the previous owner had, changing the show name is ok though. its hard enough for a horse to settle into a new home let alone get used to a new name, which they probably never will.

Well thats your opinion.

·
Registered
86 Posts
^^ Thats awfully rude of you!! Besides this topic should not be in this forum its should be somewheres else e.g. Horse Talk!!!! Speedy Da Fish has a good point.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I really dont think a horse knows their name per see, but they do know their owner's voice. I could call my mare anything under the sun and she would perk her head up and come over to me. Ive done it before.

Names are something people give to animals, its not something a horse comprehends in the same way we do.

I love looking up celtic words, although I need a pronunciation to help me.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Can we get pictures? I don't always even ask the name a horse had. I'll change the name to something I find fitting, and the horses normally get used to it pretty soon.

If you did Chaos his show name could be Causing Your Chaos

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Calamity - The word calamity means "great misfortune" or "disaster." This would be a adorable name for a horse that has a bit of a wild side.

Sebastian - known for his physical endurance and energy. This would be a good horse name for an equine athlete.

I really like Maverick too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ Thats awfully rude of you!! Besides this topic should not be in this forum its should be somewheres else e.g. Horse Talk!!!! Speedy Da Fish has a good point.
Its not rude, its a statement. Its blunt, but in no way is it rude, or attituded.

And sorry its in the wrong section, I couldn't decide, and since naming comes along with breeding, and purchasing, plop, here it went.

I ADORE the name Mavrick, but my very good friends horse already owns the rights to that one. :D

I'm not sold on Sebastian, not sure it quite fits.

Calamity I like, but to me it sounds kinda mare-ish. I feel like I would shorten it to "Cali" or "Cal"(Although Cal is more manly). But I like it Alot.

And if I can move it, how do i? Or does a MOD, or Admin have to do it?

^^^Im sorry for it being misplaced.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Let me think of some more, it helps that you posted pics!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Picaro-naughty or rascal
Airodo- means wild
Andres- means Manly
Osado- means bold or daring
Merlin- Idk, that name just makes me laugh
Milo- It just looks like it fits him!

By the way i got all these on google

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
EXALIBER! lol i saw this name on a website and i loved it. it loks to me like ti would fit your hrose too :p sorry i dont knwo what it means

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
LOL i saw that name too! How do you prnounce it!?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would think it would be pronounced like the sword Excaliber, minus the "c". so like (X-Al-A-BER)

I like that a lot.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
i spose some horses dont get to know their names but my horse, dog and cat all know their names.

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
I would go with a pun on him being bald faced.

Barn name Kojak; show name Telly Savalas.

Or Vin Diesel for a show name, just Diesel or Vin for the barn to be a little more contemporay.

Or you could call him American Eagle, that's a little more subtle, but he could be Eagle for the barn name.

There's probably other famous bald guys but that's what I've got for right now.

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Or go with puns on paint, or the fact that he's black and white:

Painted Canvas
Fresh Paint
Palette

or

Ebony and Ivory
Pongo (From 101 Dalmations)
The Riddler

I can keep going, I love naming horses,

·
Registered
523 Posts
Barn name Kojak; show name Telly Savalas.

Or Vin Diesel for a show name, just Diesel or Vin for the barn to be a little more contemporary.
You'd need to be careful you don't get sued for using a real person's name, or a name from a TV show tho'

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.