The Horse Forum banner

New horse needs a name!

3279 Views 35 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  RisingGlory
Hi guys! I just bought him a couple days ago. He's a 15.2hh, 2 year old Thoroughbred. We came up with the show name Small Town Favorite. But for some reason we can't come up with any suitable barn names! He's a sweetheart, rescued from a horse mill :(. As you can tell he needs weight, but he'll be back on track in no time. His mom's 17.2hh and his dad is 16.2hh . He's going to be big and we want a fitting name. Also, we like the country / southern theme. So if you can incorporate that into it, that would be great! :)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah and his name is deuce right now, but i'm not a fan..

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i loveeee Dallas and Tex! i also considered Harley and Bentley.

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks! i think he'd be a cute bentley but noone seems to agree around here .

· Registered
182 Posts
Auston
Rebel

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my old friends horse is named auston.. and i love rebel, it fits that he's from the south.

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks :) so far none of them really fit both his looks and personality though. so i need more suggestions !

· Registered
2,987 Posts
Rambler was the first name that popped into my mind.

beau
bryar
buck
cooter
Moreover (this was the name of a friends dog. whe got it from a story of 2 little boys listening to a preacher tella story about a dog and got confused when the preacher sai "more over, the dog blah blah" thinking the dogs name was Moreover)

Houston
Any type of gun. lol.
Preacher
Handy (or hand, as in ranch hand)
Pickup
Mohair
Chigger
Cope

· Registered
1,296 Posts
He looks like a Paulo to me :) super cute guy! His personality sounds wonderful.

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OMG I love rambler and bryar too ! thanks guys for the help :) * yeah he's a real sweetheart. he's sooo skinny though, i feel so bad for him.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.