The Horse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's raining horses around here! I have yet another new horse, this one was given to me for free. Anyway, she was abused by a trainer and now has a lot of trust issues. She flinches at pretty much everything so we have a long road ahead of us before she gets her confidence back. Meanwhile she needs a name, I am totally drawing a blank on this one.

She is 6...registered Appy (MMS Irish Lace), any ideas on what her pattern is called? I am guessing snowflake. I hope to show her in halter, english and western.

Her whole tail was one big knot, took me forever to get it out and lots and lots of show sheen.

Any comments on her halter prospects? I know she's not square...

first day that she was here (thursday)

At least she's in good weight and appears to be healthy.

·
Registered
753 Posts
gorgeous!
Storm
Doogle
Dino
Dot
Spot
Blanket
Jacko
snow
lyric
boby
jack
lugalla
snowflake
lace
sundance
jasmine
cobalt

·
Registered
627 Posts
You know, she's not a bad looking appy. :) Nice long tail!

Some names I like that might suit her...

Ginger
Briza (Spanish...from Briseis, the woman Achilles loved in Homers Iliad).
Anita
Isabel
Bali
Bella, Belle
Pumpkin
Hazel
Hedwig
Rose

I'm sorry to hear that she was abused by a trainer. I'm sure you two will be able to work past that.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, she is pretty well put together, I think it helps that her dam is a thoroughbred, but I don't think anybody would ever be able to tell she's built like a tank, just how I like them.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Lacey? I think she is a blanket Appy... Kind of looks like she might get whiter.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that she is going to roan out, it is all ready happening around her eyes and nose. There is another appy at the barn that I think started out looking like mine but now at 20 is almost completely white with just patches of her original chestnut color left.

I don't like lacey because of that thing that happened several years ago with Lacey Petterson. Plus I don't like people names in general for my animals. I do kind of like Lyric.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I had an appy that was bay in the winter and would shed out with more white than roan.

·
Registered
997 Posts
hm..she looks like a Lady to me haha idk why.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ummm.... well i would name her!!!!! Elle, Shelly, Bella, Belle, lacy, Ella!!!!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've always liked the name, Cadence..
I don't know why, haha..

I really like the names:
Storm
Duchess
Phoenix
Cricket
Lady
Powder
Dixie
Angel
Roanie (she looks as if she would be more roan in the summer)

I got name block :?
I'm usually good with names, haha..

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I have decided on Lilly for her after much debate. I really don't like naming animals with people names, but Lilly has started poping into my head whenever I think about her.

·
Registered
394 Posts
When I name my horses I try to name them sweet names. cause my luck if I named a horse something that means something bad then it was always a naughty horse. ;)

So I would suggest:

Bella
Misty
Rain
TinkerBell
Janey
Taylor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts