The Horse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought myself a 3/4 arab, and 1/4 quarter horse colt. He is 6 months old, sadly 50-75 lbs under weight, he's black, with a white star. But he needs a good name! His name is Kudo right now...which i HATE...we are bringing him home on Tuesday, same with his Mommy, we have already named her, she is an Arab x Quarter horse, bay, 14.1 hh, we changed her name from Missy to Madison. I have thought of, Maximus, Eclipse, D'artagnan. I am looking for a strong name for him, just for his barn name, only one word please :):D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oh I love the name D'artagnan!! as far as other suggestions, maybe Traveller, Magic/Magyk, Branwyn (means raven) Kerwyn (means "little black one" in Gaelic) Congrats on the new guy :) I love arabs!!!

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I love the name D'artagnan, :) hey i like Kerwyn, thats a cool name :)thanks!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
BLACK BEAUTY!! no just kidding, lol but thats what i thought of when you said hes black with a star :p i like karma, or kingfisher. :p

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My geldings name is dakota, it just wouldnt work out lol.

But I like Archer. But everyone seems to like D'artagnan or Eclipse...I think Eclipse is a better name for him. Yes I do have a picture of my little guy, I will put it up on my profile picture here! :D

He's very hard to name lol

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Reegs, Odin, Phantom, Logan, Ty, Thunder, Midnight, Oakley, Zeus, Olli, Rafiki.
Just a few names of the top of my head :)

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There i have put a picture up of him ( hes the little black colt in my profile pic! ) :D
I like Phantom.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone like Cobra?

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got him home today! Same with his mommy! Who i think we will rename Lexi.
Anyways, he is SO underweight....is makes my heart break. He and his mother are VERY dehidrated, and he is more like 100 pounds under weight. His hip bones are sticking out, his neck is almost going into a U neck because he has no fat or muscle there. We will be getting him and his mother back to healthy in no time, we have dealt with some major cases of neglect, and staravtion, and even his mother is about 100 lbs under weight too. :(

He is very sweet, hes got some attitude which i like it very cute.
He suits the name Achilles, very well, so thats his name! :)!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Durango.

My QH mare is in foal....and if its a colt, He will be a Durango (but Il let you "steal" the name too if you like) :)

*sorry didnt see your last post*

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oh I think that name suits him well!! Good luck with him and keep us updated!

·
Registered
504 Posts
How horrible that they are both underweight.. Atleast they are under your care now and you will be able to bring them back up to the proper weight.
Good luck and keep us posted :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts