The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am going to go pick up my 2nd OTTB today. I miss Calci (my last one). This gelding is 8 years old. He's been being ridden. But he is very underweight. He wants $200 for him! He said we have to go get him today. I don't know his name yet but his picture shows a muddy horse with ribs showing. Poor guy. Can't wait to bring him home! Here is his ad: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/grd/4172170081.html
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you copy and paste it into your address bar

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure will. I feel bad for him. If I could take all the horses In the world in these situations I would.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Oh the poor baby. He has sweet eyes though and he doesn't look as thin as I thought he would. I think with a bit of TLC he will come around in no time.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To me it looks like he has no muscle around his spine and no fat. But I will see when I get there...I will keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you cinny. I'm on my phone and couldn't get it like that

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
His whole backbone is showing-poor thing! And the mud-Yikes-I hate to see horses w/out a shelter from the weather extremes, although my newest horse is awaiting her shelter, but she does have mats in the corral & it's cleaned at least twice a day. Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure will! I will be at the owners house in about 20 mins.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay he's in my small trailer! He's a big boy. He's a lot worse than I thought. I'll get pics when I get home. He said his name was Antonio whiskey. His tattoo starts with an F so he's 11 right? The guy clipped reins to his halter and jumped on him bareback. Horse did fine. So I loaded him up and he's on his way home with me.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If someone could find info on Antonio Whiskey it'd be much appreciated. I'll get his tattoo number when I can read it

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well Antonio whiskey is not in jockey club records. So that's not his name. I will need to get his tattoo number and search by that. But does anyone know how to post pics from an iPhone on here?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
383 Posts
F is 2002, so yes, he should be 11 years old. Hopefully his tattoo is a lot clearer than my OTTB's. I have been looking for his information since I got him almost 3 years ago. So far, no luck. I've even contacted the Jockey Club and sent pictures to them. The problem is, bay thoroughbreds are so common, it's tough to nail it down. The way I see it, his tattoo and race history is only a story about him. An interesting one, sure, but it doesn't change anything about the horse he is today, or how I feel about him.

Congrats on your new buddy! Best of luck to you both! And post more pictures! :)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's always so interesting to know their past though! I love learning their stories. Well I don't know how to post pics from my phone :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Cinnys Whinny

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yay finally on a computer so i can post pics

Grass Horse Tree Leg Footwear

Horse Mammal Mare Pasture Stallion

Horse Mammal Mare Stallion Pasture

Horse Mammal Mare Mane Pasture

Horse Pasture Mare Grass Stallion

Reactions: boots

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Wow, I see a LOT of potential there. Doesn't look as bad as I thought, I've seen OTTBs that ended up much worse. The conformation looks pretty nice, just get some groceries and muscle on there and this is going to be a really nice horse!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, I see a LOT of potential there. Doesn't look as bad as I thought, I've seen OTTBs that ended up much worse. The conformation looks pretty nice, just get some groceries and muscle on there and this is going to be a really nice horse!
thank you! I saw his ad and something inside me just kept screaming to go pick him up! I just know he is going to be beautiful once healthy! I dont know if you can see his legs well or not. I took them this morning so the sun was RIGHT THERE in that one spot that doesnt allow you to get great pics. So hopefully ill be able to get better ones tomorrow. I hate that it gets dark so early. I need to find out his real name so I can contact the trainer and owner (when he was racing) and maybe get more info and pics from his racing days! I am itching to know who he is! I know there is an incentive program for OTTBs too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.