The Horse Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is cooper... He is supposed to be a registered 2 yr old Quarter Horse... For some reason I just dont think that the papers are his... just saying.. but anyways.. got him on April 1st.. ( maybe it was an april fools joke bout him being a 2 year old ) He is a colt ( hasnt dropped ) and is very skinny... She said his bloodlines are the reason for him being small.... they start out small then fill out fast... :/ In some of the pictures he looks less skinnier... but that was becuase i hadnt started brushing off his winter fur.. once I did it looked like he dropped a bunch of weight :(

Attachments

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
poor guy. Hopefully he can recover quickly with medical treatment and good food. Maybe he has been gelded so he won't drop. He looks very young but could be from malnutrition

·
Registered
99 Posts
He's a cutie. :) He's just small from malnutrition I'll bet. My horse was a rescue case also; he was really small, but he has filled out nicely now.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
He's very sweet looking. If he is registered, shouldn't the papers indicate his markings? He has a ways to go for sure, but I think he'll be quite pretty in short order with good care.

Just as an aside, and maybe it's just because of the hair, but I think that halter is too small for him.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Aww..poor guy! I can't wait to see him later this summer as he gets some good food in him. I agree, he looks like he's only maybe 9 months old.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Poor thing! Hope he fills out and gets some weight on him. I don't see how someone can let a horse get to that point. :(

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
2?????????? No way. That is one SMALL 2 year old. I bet he'll be cute once he fills in.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Wow, I'd find it hard to believe he was 2 as well! Maybe it is just the malnutrition, but he looks really young. Can't wait to see him looking healthy again.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
He's beautiful and I can't wait to see some photo's of him when he's filled in a bit more :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Poor little thing. His former owner should be shot for allowing him to get in that condition. Thank you for helping him!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Why would you even let your horses get to that point? The poor thing ): Can't wait to see what he looks like once he is filled in. Good luck! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts