The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title nearly says it all, what new tack has everyone bought recently? For me, here's a list!
Halter and lead rope (black and lime green)
Salt lick
Penguin polo wraps
One K helmet <<<<my favorite
New body and face sponge
Swat
And spray on bandage

Now I want to know what you guys have gotten:)

· Registered
16,204 Posts
- A nice red and black heavy-duty fully-adjustable halter (red with black overlay)
-A western saddle...that I have to sell because we mismeasured the seat and it's too small for me
-A custom-made split ear headstall (the size is custom)

If "going to buy soon" counts, then I'm ordering a sweet iron loose ring snaffle bit with copper lozenge on Wednesday, and I'm hopefully buying a 16.5" Circle A barrel saddle...if it fits my monster.
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
3,471 Posts
Well just yesterday I got a new saddle pad and a bareback pad. The saddle pad is great, but the bareback pad had the cinch strap part sewn on so far back of where it is supposed to be, I stuck it right back in the box and called the company. Seems it is a discontinued item, the lady was very nice, she is going to check the few she has left and call me back Monday. I usually have pretty good service when I order from catalogs.

· Registered
526 Posts
Ooh fun thread.

The other day I bought a brand new looking kids' saddle! It needs a new girth.

I'm getting ready to buy a rainbow colored halter and lead rope for my new mare and I'm looking into a new saddle pad.

· Registered
16,204 Posts
- A nice red and black heavy-duty fully-adjustable halter (red with black overlay)
-A western saddle...that I have to sell because we mismeasured the seat and it's too small for me
-A custom-made split ear headstall (the size is custom)
Can't believe I forgot my favorite recent purchase!!

-New 1/2" Diamond wool felt contoured cowboy pad for $90!! So in love with this pad!!
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
2,728 Posts
Ooh, I just got an order from Dover this morning! I was a bit disappointed, though. I ordered two pairs of pants, and neither pair fit me properly :/

But... I got a new pair of gloves!! I've had the same pair of Kerrits riding gloves for about six years, and as of late I haven't been able to get the stink out of them :oops: Anyway I got these in charcoal: Roeckl® Chelsea Glove | Dover Saddlery
I rode in them today, and I was thrilled! I also bought some vet wrap to have lying around, a hanging salt lick, and some leather conditioner. I love getting new horse tack!

· Registered
758 Posts
I'm a tackoholic and no matter how many times I tell myself I'm not going to buy something because I'm saving for a new trailer I end up buying something xD

Recently I've bought
-A bosal with leather hanger and horsehair stabilizer for $25
-1/2 diamond wool felt pad for $80
-1 of those apple lick it type toys for Jinxx
-mini angel food cake pan to make homemade refills
-Ball feeder that you put pellets in and they nose it to get the treats out.
-2 driving bridles (the first one was "horse" size, but it would fit a draft.
-Paracord to make a bridle (don't know if that counts)
-pair of some nice schutz bros. leather split reins with weighted ends, my favorite 8ft long.
-I'm also going to be getting Angel some hoof boots so we can go driving on the roads.

I think that's all, but I could easily be forgetting something lol.

· Registered
15,208 Posts
Thinline pad
new bit
Pink fuzzy western pad (for Granddaughter)
I hope to be done for awhile.

· Registered
328 Posts
I brought a "minion" browband for messing about at home in, half chaps, jodphur boots and 3 rugs. And an inhaler spacer for Bud (although that really was a necessity!) and a few salt licks and lickits. And ive got a back riser and another gullet for my saddle on the way as my boys changed a lot in shape after 2 months off! And Bud eon himself a new grooming kit just before he got ill! He already has 4 -oops!
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
3,347 Posts
New pull on field boots as I am sick to death of zippers busting out of my boots. So back to old school pull ons for me!

New arm band for cross country

Myler full cheek comfort bit

Fly spray and bath liniment

Fly veil

And about to put an order in for two of these blankets for my girls StormShield® 1680D ARCTIC COMBO Turnouts in Euro Fit at Schneider Saddlery

And hubby is buying me a pair of custom field boots for Christmas *happy dance*

· Registered
17,286 Posts
Because I take in consignments, usually saddles, the owners often throw in a box of stuff "ya may as well have it as it's no good to us". These are like little treasure chests. Bridles, blankets, saddle pads, bits, all the grooming stuff, whips. Altho I haven't counted all the bits (I throw out the rusty ones) but I know there are more than 10 plus 4 mechanical hacks. No plans to buy anything but would sure like to get rid of some of this stuff. Some of the bits are new because someone's money was burning a hole in their pocket. My last purchase was a water proof storm sheet. One of the treasures was a waterproof neck wrap so didn't have to buy one of those.

· Registered
16,204 Posts
Because I take in consignments, usually saddles, the owners often throw in a box of stuff "ya may as well have it as it's no good to us". These are like little treasure chests. Bridles, blankets, saddle pads, bits, all the grooming stuff, whips. Altho I haven't counted all the bits (I throw out the rusty ones) but I know there are more than 10 plus 4 mechanical hacks. No plans to buy anything but would sure like to get rid of some of this stuff. Some of the bits are new because someone's money was burning a hole in their pocket. My last purchase was a water proof storm sheet. One of the treasures was a waterproof neck wrap so didn't have to buy one of those.
I bet you could sell the rusty bits as decor items. Well, at least in my area you could.

Don't happen to have any 6" loose ring snaffles, do you? ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
3,347 Posts
I'll take a mechanical hack off your hands!! Shipping wouldn't be too bad to New Brunswick from Ontario...

· Registered
630 Posts
My recent purchases areeee....

-Horse size headstall w/ split reins in a dark oil colour. Wanted black but they called and said they were out, but the brown looks alright on my mare!

-Copper eggbutt snaffle bit.

-Super pretty turqoise lunge line!

-Super soft white cotton 10ft lead rope. (A nice change from my slippery short nylon lead...)

-Cheap hoofpick.

-Farrier trimming kit. (Rasp, clippers, etc.)

-Cheap pair of clearance Smokey Mountain riding boots. Can't beat $40 lol

I think that's all..... For now.

· Registered
4,837 Posts
A gold & white rope halter, matches my horse :)

Also pretty much matches a gold & white with red flecks 15' lead line I made several years ago and have never used. I bought the line from Marine West, put a leather popper on one end, and had my boy scout son whip a snap hook on the other with carpet thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.