The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Paul, that bit is made for someone who knows how to use it. It can be very severe in uneducated hands - as any bit can be. If you want to move to a shanked bit, that has some of the attributes of a joined mouth but has limitations to the extent that it will collapse, then consider a shanked bit with a Billy Allen mouth such as the one I've used for over a dozen years.

Horse tack

Farmpony and Mercedes gave you some good advise but unless you have an understanding of what they mean - not just understanding the words but having a feel for the horse, it will never work for you. I would strongly suggest getting some professional help to start with - not just someone who "knows" horses because they've had them their whole life, but a real trainer. Someone who can get you started in understanding what Mercedes is saying and to understand your horse.

All the advise and good intentions will mean nothing if you don't understand the principles.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Guess I will stick to my snaffle, didn't mean to ruffle feathers or get a bunch of sarcasm about how only a trainer knows horses and everyone else is an idiot.
Paul, I would suggest you get an attitude adjustment. Neither I nor anyone else became sarcastic with you. There are too many people who interpret "knowledgeable" with some yahoo who says they know horses because they once took a lesson which is why I stressed "professional".

There was no where in your post that even suggested that you had family who trains horses so how would anyone know. BTW, with all the professional help you have available, why aren't you asking them?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.