The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My horse is sick, yes I have called a vet to come out on Monday. I have the call fee ready to go, but unsure how equine vets work. (first horse)

Do I get billed or have to pay up front?

I can honestly not afford an up front payment since I live month to month and do not get paid till the first. I also believe I cannot scrounge up the money by Monday because from my understanding bills are always high for Upper Respiratory problems (which is what I think he has).

·
Registered
250 Posts
As a first time customer you will probably be asked to pay before the vet leaves. But this is a tough question to ask as we can not predict how your vet is going to proceed. My vet has a huge sign "payment at day of treatment" - but I barely ever pay then but get a bill sent. Now, my vet does now me for quite a while, though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a first time customer you will probably be asked to pay before the vet leaves. But this is a tough question to ask as we can not predict how your vet is going to proceed. My vet has a huge sign "payment at day of treatment" - but I barely ever pay then but get a bill sent. Now, my vet does now me for quite a while, though.

Well I found out the first time will be 100% up front and after that they can bill. No worries... I pawned my car title to have the extra dough for the appt and treatment. Not something I wished to do but hey he's my baby. Couldn't live with myself if I waited till my next paycheck.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well I found out the first time will be 100% up front and after that they can bill. No worries... I pawned my car title to have the extra dough for the appt and treatment. Not something I wished to do but hey he's my baby. Couldn't live with myself if I waited till my next paycheck.
Hope it turns out that your horse gets better soon, and also that the vet bill stays in a manageable amount. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.