The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I came home and went to go take care of Angel and Jinxx and apparently while we were gone Angel skinned part of her face.I'm not exactly sure how she did it. It could have been worse though. So for that I'm grateful.

IMG_3957_zps04f83c2e.jpg

·
Registered
323 Posts
Seems like it's always something with our four legged critters ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I hate it when that happens. I just wash it well, treat with triple antibiotic ointment and carry on with life. It always looks rough and icky. Poor baby. Horses spend thier entire lives trying to find ways to kill themselves....I believe whole heartily.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
We have had those!
A month or so ago, my mare must have slipped in the pasture and ran into a tree that had little cut branch stubs (we found her hair and gunk on the stumps)... needless to say, she still has a 6in x 1.5 in bare spot on her upper chest and her knee was swollen for a week or so. She only scraped the hair off really hard, like your horse's face, thankfully, and didn't get a penetrating wound to her knee.
Happy healing for Angel! :)

·
Registered
14,147 Posts
I have a filly who recently did the same thing to her face. Not sure where or why, I'm guessing she stuck her nose in someone else's business and got kicked for her trouble.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The gelding I leased did that last year, only it was right between his eyes so he managed to scrape off half of his little star. He was a chestnut - It grew back chestnut instead of white. His owner wasn't exactly thrilled, and he was laughed at for a bit. :)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Haha they get into so many things. I was just saying yesterday how nice it was to have a horse WITHOUT scars all over his face. When we went away for 2 weeks last summer we came home and my pony (since sold) had huge chunks of hair missing all over his face. I think he knew I was trying to sell him and wanted to make himself look ugly (as if that was possible) lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts