The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!! I guess this is a re-re-reintroduction; I've attempted to come back to HF a few times, but life got busy and well you know how it is!

Without further ado, please meet Niko! He is a 2.5 year old PRE (Andalusian) gelding. He is really the realization of a lifelong dream.. I fell in love with the breed very early on and the right series of events happened at the right time for this opportunity to come about. This is both extremely exciting and scary for me; despite my username, I've been a hunter/jumper rider almost the entire ~30 years of my riding career (with a decent foray into dressage of course.)

While I want to do a bit of everything with Niko, from dressage to jumping to trail riding, our main focus will be Working Equitation and Liberty work, both disciplines/avenues I've long admired but haven't much experience in.

This winter will be a lot of getting to know one another, he will be started next spring/summer and we'll go from there! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Welcome back! he's stunning!!! woohoooo! another really awesome and really neat breed on the forum. Will be so exciting to see him evolve and grow and see all the exciting things you guys are going to go do together. Make sure to post lots of photos!

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Very nice to have you back. I will be eager to follow your progress- there's a few people in my area getting excited about working equitation, and it looks like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys! I am just thrilled with him, he is very in tune with body language and is incredibly intelligent. He's also extremely athletic, which I'm sure will be a blessing and curse at times haha!

I am also an Andalusian afficianado. He is gorgeous. Will he turn gray as he ages?
No, he is homozygous black :) He does get sun bleached though as you can see! Here are photos from end of August vs last week, you can see the difference with his winter coat coming in and finally losing the last of his light-coloured baby-fuzzies.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
What a lovely boy! I bet you will have a bunch of fun with him. Congrats! I, too, was a hunter rider for the longest time turned dressage. Now that I have kids I mostly do trail riding but I still practice on my flatwork!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts