The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here it goes... I am sorta weird, but i dont like fruit, like, i dont eat fruit at all. I drink juice and stuff, just not straight fruit, its because of the texture, i almost throw up everytime i try it. :lol:
I seem like a really healthy person, i can run as far or farther then the average kid my age, i exersice alot (hey im a horse person, chasing my horse round the feild for an hour is exercise too!) I pretty much NEVER get sick, I feel good. i do love to eat vegtables, they are mostly what i eat in the summer since we have a veggie garden. I love meat, i eat meat until i can't eat anymore.

but, is there anything really bad about not eating fruit? like, am i missing an really important things? oh and i forgot to add, i drink more milk then a horse! haha im not kidding two huge glasses of milk come with a small snack.:D

but am i goign to die soon or anything? lol

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
well friut provides much needed antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins+ it provides glucose which turns into energy. it also prevents many health problems, even cancer! Try some really diff. fruits that you have never even seen before, or since you dont like the texture, get some fruits and puree them, so u have a smoothie! Make sure not to add any sugar or nothin though that would totally take away the healthy part of it

·
Registered
523 Posts
IMO you listen to your own body - but then I'd only eat chocolate :lol:

If you don't like eating fruit, try making smoothies, if you have a blender. I buy tinned fruit in juice (NOT syrup!) pour the contents into the blender and blend till smooth ...

It is essential to eat a healthy balanced diet, fruit and veg have nutrients that you should eat.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
ok here it goes... I am sorta weird, but i dont like fruit, like, i dont eat fruit at all. I drink juice and stuff, just not straight fruit, its because of the texture, i almost throw up everytime i try it. :lol:
I seem like a really healthy person, i can run as far or farther then the average kid my age, i exersice alot (hey im a horse person, chasing my horse round the feild for an hour is exercise too!) I pretty much NEVER get sick, I feel good. i do love to eat vegtables, they are mostly what i eat in the summer since we have a veggie garden. I love meat, i eat meat until i can't eat anymore.

but, is there anything really bad about not eating fruit? like, am i missing an really important things? oh and i forgot to add, i drink more milk then a horse! haha im not kidding two huge glasses of milk come with a small snack.:D

but am i goign to die soon or anything? lol
Well you said you drink fruit juice? You will never get as many natural vitamins drinking juice as you would get eating the actual fruit itself but as long as you have some different form of the same thing, why not?

It's funny because I have never heard of someone who has that issue.

Good on yea for having juice.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha thanks guys, i will try and get myself to drinking a smoothie... lol. I have only met one other person that doesnt eat fruit, :p

·
Registered
594 Posts
If it's a texture thing for you, I'd just make sure you're taking a daily vitamin. There are plenty of great things in fruit, but luckily now you can get them in pill form. ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have to add - I'm a crazy fruit eater. So is the Mr.

Today alone I've eaten three apples and half of an orange. Haha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.