The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Trigger. He is my 4 year old gelding and I love him to bits!! But I don't really know what bred he is. He is kinda like a gypsey cob / gypsey vanner! But I'm not quite sure! What do you guys think? :)

( I can't get a pic up! But he's my avatar )

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Well, the Gypsey Vanner is a newly developed purebreed on the North American side of the Atlantic, so he won't be one of those. But I think you've described him as a Gypsy Cob before which I have always thought of as being a wonderful catch-all term for the mish-mash solid, hairy, cross-breeds of which the UK and Ireland is full. Make no mistake, I love the Gypsy Cob horses - generally clever, strong, solid, healthy types that can turn their hand to anything.

As to your chap, the pic in the Avatar doesn't really show us enough to have an informed guess but I would love to see a bigger picture of him so that we can have some fun guesses as to what his ancestors are. He must have some welsh in him, that's almost obligatory for hairy crosses in the UK.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Do you have any other pictures that aren't sideways and kind of blurry =/. From that picture all I can tell is he looks like my horse, who is pure Quarter horse =/..

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I know where you are... Outside rhos's I see :p

Anyway, just as I thought. Such a pretty face! I see a bit of welsh cob in there!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Horse Working animal Bridle Rein Mare
Here's the picture.
Kind of reminds me of my friends shire cross. How big is he?

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's 14.3h at least!! Yes I am outside Rhos's :) He was there all summer! :D
He has the markings of a mini clydesdale!!!!:) lol
How do you get the pic up like that flytobecat? :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
You go right click on the picture and choose copy image URL. Then click on "Postreply" at the top of the horse forum page. Choose the paperclip and paste into the the image URL section then upload. Then go back to the paperclip to insert the image where you want it.
He is very pretty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.