The Horse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out watering the garden when my mare Kiowa came walking up and nickered at me when she reached the fence. I know she always likes to be sprayed so I began squirting her with the hose. This went on for 10 minutes and my wife came out and took a short video but, I can't get it to download off my phone. Here's a picture anyway. It was 94* F so I know she was hot.
Plant Working animal Horse supplies Horse tack Grass

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She looks happy! I am sure she appreciates the shower. Nice grass you got there too!
Yeah, we've had so much rain the grass is great and a wonderful hay year! That grass she's in was just mowed so it is a lot shorter than the the rest of the horse pasture. She doesn't even have to be tied for a bath, she loves water!

·
Registered
10,946 Posts
@ksbowman videos have to be uploaded to a third party, such as YouTube or Vimeo. Then copy/paste the link in your post:)

What a great foto of a very happy horse:).

Good thing that fence isn’t hot:oops::p

Both my horses are also great about getting showered down. Rusty needs a halter but I always throw the rope over the fence, so he can reach at flies if he needs to.

Joker rarely gets haltered.

Neither horse budged a smidgen last night - it was miserable. It will be worse tonight and even more worse tomorrow. Our Feels Like tomorrow (Thursday) could be 105-108 (F). That is pretty darn oppressive :sick::sick:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
  • @walkinthewalk , thanks I knew it had to go to a third party but, my phone wouldn't let me send anything over 25 mbs. Wife says that's because it is a dinosaur. LOL Don't know how to get it off the phone. Even tried Bluetooth, Email and text. Finally gave up.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That is so cute!! We had to spray some of our horses too--especially my kmh who is black bay. He also loves it and just stands there like a champ. The other horses backed off at first but now allow themselves to be misted. Funny horsies :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
So cute, I'm glad she likes it! I know the weather just keeps getting higher and higher..🥵 Our horses can't stand being sprayed, whenever I try it they bolt off down to the back of my pasture..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts