The Horse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a bale of timothy/alfalfa hay.

Bought some today for my girls, when I opened the back of the truck to unload it, it smell DELICIOUS.

:D

·
Chat Moderator
3,744 Posts
It does smell very sweet, there is something about that and Christmas time that I love.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
MMM alfalfa... I love most smells associated with horses, they always seem to smell like warm grass... I am so horse starved right now, things have been so busy I have not had time to go see Tom lately.

So Everyone, go take a sniff for me will ya? heheheheh

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I love the smell of alfalfa, my horse has tonnes of it in his hay and I was leaning against some hay bails with my friend and said to her how I loved the smell of alfalfa and she couldn't smell it. *Sigh* Maybe it is just us horsie people?

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Maybe we are more sensitive to it Most non horsey people I know don't get my affection for the smell of horses or molasses or even *gasp sweetfeed(though my horse doesn't eat it, toooo much sugar and empty calories, bad bad). But I think for us horse lovers it has to do with the emotions attached to the smells too...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mmmm hay...I lvoe the smell of it, even though I get severe hayfever from it :( We're currently heading into hay season in NZ atm, so all you can smell is the hay being cutting and sitting in the paddocks. mmmmm yum haha

·
Registered
162 Posts
There is nothing I like better than to walk into the barn after spending hours in the hay field and taking a big ole wiff.............still warm from the sun. Standing in the barn, I am hot ,tired, dirty, and have blisters on both hands but I feel wonderful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is nothing I like better than to walk into the barn after spending hours in the hay field and taking a big ole wiff.............still warm from the sun. Standing in the barn, I am hot ,tired, dirty, and have blisters on both hands but I feel wonderful.
I agree!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fresh, leafy alfalfa, rain, freshly oiled leather, and the one-of-a-kind scent your horse has right under his/her mane...I never knew how good a horse smells, like no other horse, and when I bury my face in his neck and inhale that scent of HORSE, it just sets off some deep primal feeling...I now know that woman and horse belong together!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts