The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, it is the start of Futurity herd work today ... NP & NPL, plus the herd work in the NP/NPL Derby.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only got to watch a little of the herd work yesterday, but here are the results of the Open division:

Looking at the trainer names at the end, you can see even big guns have less than stellar days. It'll be interesting to see where they end up after he reinwork on Friday. You can never give up in this game - there are three events and even if low in one, you could put a decent ride in the next two and hopefully squeeze into the finals. :thumbsup:

Richard Winter's daughter, Sarah Dawson, is currently sitting 7th! Good for Sarah (she's an awesome rider & trainer). Her husband is sitting tied at 39 with two horses.

And here's level one after the herd work.

Matt's best chance at a check is in Level 1. So we are watching Level 1 scores to see what the trend is and what he would have to score to be competitive. Will also be interesting to see if any are coming to Reno.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today is the open futurity reinwork. Will be exciting to see who does what. Starts at 8 am and is webcasted for free. You just have to put an email address in.

FYI - Time to Honkytonk is also entered in Reno. It's the only L1 horse that is. There are 21 other open horses that are also entered in Reno.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been so busy, have not had time to get back to this thread! It is all over - Call Me Mitch won the World's Richest Stockhorse competition - there were some awesome rides! Sarah Dawson came in reserve champion. Cows were horrible; didn't want to drive, then when they'd finally get going, when the rider would try and pass to turn them on the fence, they would instantly stop and run in the middle of the arena. Or they would squirt out in front of the horse just when the rider would start to push them down the fence. Lance Johnston pulled his horse up and quit the cow - so got a zero. But the cows were not worth it.

It was not much better the next morning for the Open fence work. Many riders got low scores since the cows were horrible. But the horses were trying the best they could and, a credit to the riders, the ones I saw were not trying to push their horse to to work the bad cow; they were using as schooling.

Anyway, HUGE congrats to local trainer Lance Johnston for WINNING the Open AND Intermediate Open divisions!

Here is the results for all divisions of the Open Futurity:

I hope this works .... it's not running on my computer:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like Father, like Son ... Chet Gorrel at the NSHA horse show on Sunday:

He is so cute and his horse is worth more than gold. :love:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.