The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throughout the past few days... I have noticed that when (and only when) I am laying in bed (elbows on a pillow) and on my phone... My right arm tingles and almost becomes numb. It is like this at the moment. This is the only time it happens and its only my right arm. This has started happening recently. I dont remember hitting my arm on anything (though its possible)

I have an uncle who passed away due to MS a few years back.. And i heard its not genetic but Im not ruling anything out.

I am only on one medication... Which is a low dose birth control pill... I am not sure if that could have anything to do with it.

Has anyone ever experienced this or know what this could be from?

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Your just lessening the circulation to your arm or hitting a nerve. I really don't think its anything to be alarmed over.

Also, nerve pain really isn't the first signs of MS. The first signs would be "clumsiness", randomly dropping things, tripping and falling, etc. Then there would be weakness and possible temporary blindness usually induced by heat.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.. I havent had any other symptoms but this happening all of a sudden kind of freaks
Me out alittle.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I, as well, suspect you're impeding your circulation with that posture. I had to quit sleeping with my hand tucked between my head and the pillow as I was having the same thing happen - now I'm fine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am normally always in this posture when on my phone and this just started recently.. Hmm
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thanks guys:)

It seems also like ive randomly obtained a cat allergy... Constantly sneezing... Even though ive owned cats my entire life and I have never had an allergy to anything. Maybe my body is just in a confused time of its life right now.. LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Yeah, I never had seasonal allergies up until a few years ago. Now I get sinus infections so bad they make me puke. Bodies are wondrous things, I'm pretty fascinated by them!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
976 Posts
I used to sleep with my pillow on my arm and my head on my pillow...and then I started waking up with the middle of the night with my arm like a log I couldn't feel...it's probably something just like that, especially if you're putting weight on the arm and talking for a while. Don't worry about it :)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Unfortunately nerves run through a lot of different places. You could have nerve compression anywhere along the arm, in your neck, in your back-anywhere really. I would recommend you go see your family physician and go through physio to see what they can find out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Things like this always freak me out, especially when they come out of nowhere.

I've had this same thing happen but it's because of how I sit at my desk all day. I lean on my left arm a lot and if I put too much pressure on my elbow it messes with my nerves.
It also happens occasionally elsewhere, as I've done some damage to nerves in my shoulders/neck.

I've gone to get it check out though, just to be sure, as mine persisted for a while. Ended up at the chiropractor (who I see every 6 months or so for adjustments) who recommended some stretches that I do everyday and it's definitely been better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.