The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a coupon to try Nutrena's Triumph line of feeds. I have 3 pleasure trail horses that get ridden a fair amount. One is 3 and the others are 19 and 20 years old.

I did their feed selector thing, and it suggests I go with Triumph complete, Triumph Senior, Triumph 12% or 14% Pelleted or Sweet.

I guess what I am am struggling to comprehend is the 12 and 14% Triumph feeds. I don't think I would pick the sweet, but rather the pelleted. Is it sort of the equivalent of Strategy?

I understand the Complete and Senior have hay built in and they can be fed as a complete feed or with hay.

But I'm not sure what to make of the 12 and 14% pelleted feeds. So many choices.

I'm sure my choices may be more limited when I actually go to the feed store and see what they actually carry.

But in the meantime, which should be my first and second picks? I just want something to feed a couple pounds of in addition to their hay. More as a treat than anything. But not something that will make the youngster too "hot." I was thinking even the Senior feed may fit the bill. :?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
The senior feed might be a good deal for you. Your two older ones would probably benefit from that, and you can feed it to youngsters, as well. For a second choice, I would probably go with the 12% pellets if your hay/pasture quality is good, and the complete if it's not as good.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it ended up not being such a dilemma after all. Our local CAL Ranch only carried the senior so I bought that and my horses love it. That was probably my first choice anyway, so that worked out well. :)

I called another feed store and they carry the Complete, but as my guys like the senior, I probably have no need to try it.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I feed triumph complete, and I'm happy with it. You've already decided, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts