The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new here and am wondering if any one would like to critique me and my Oldenburg jumper? :)

I have been riding him for the past couple years and are looking to really start competitively showing this year. The fences in the pics are 2'9"-3' and were taken in September.

Feel free to offer any criticism and critique. Its all appreciated :)

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
I like how you dont look stiff in the saddle. Your shoulders arent as straight as a board (thats good) :) The one thing i would say just a little bit more release.

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
Your an amazing rider :)
Not much of a critque from me but BRAVO.
:D beautiful horse. Oh but release more and thats all i see. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
All I would say is you need a bit more of a release but you already said your working on that...you have a great solid base of support!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, what a gorgeous horse ! :) He looks like he has potential for the 3'6" jumpers easily!
He's got quite nice form!
You also have nice, solid form. Your leg seems quite solid. I can't really tell, but it appears as if your toes are a little too far out, though. Just try to keep your toes turned in just a smidge more. It appears as if you are giving him a short release by his withers, which may be because he's fast, but I think your overall form would be much better if you gave a little more. If your doing jumpers, try an automatic release. You seem to already have a straight line from elbow to bit, so it won't be much of a transition. Overall, I would just say give more release and you'll be picture perfect ! :)
Good luck in the jumpers!

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Do you have a side view photo? Critiquing from this angle is difficult. Try to find a classic George Morris' Jumping Clinic photo....

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
definitely release more. are you going for a crest release or auto release? i know im going to go against everything everyone else has said but you look really stiff through the upper body to me. does your horse rush the jumps? looking at the obvious ability your horse has over the jumps i can imagine him speeding into the jumps but fortunately having the ability to pull it off. could be wrong but its just the picture im getting :)

keep your great posture but relax more over the jump and release more. i can only imagine the height that horse will jump with the freedom to jump to his full potential.

even still, you two look fantastic and i can see you going a long way :) gotta love warmbloods :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.