The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a big horn pioneer 832 saddle. It is a 15 in saddle and thats all I know I cant find anything about it at all. The only pioneers I can find have tooling all over them mine only has it on the skirts and by the h I even looked through old big horn catalogs and its no where to be found Does anyone know anything about it if so feel free to let me know thanks.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Really having a hard time seeing it with the lighting you have going there. I can tell you with a horn shaped like the disk of the Starship Enterprise that's probably a 1970s or early 80s saddle. I'd also bet you the 'odd tooling' was a premium option when that was made. I'd also guess that's back when Big Horns weren't production saddles, so some one may have specially requested a little extra tooling on it. I don't know this - Big Horn is part of American Saddlery and I can't find out if they started out as their own saddlery and were later acquired by American Saddlery or if they were always a part of American Saddlery.

Where did you find the 823 on it? That could also be a year made... 82... and a style number.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Does it have a serial number on it? IIRC, there's a Big Horn SN Decoder online.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Usually it's stamped waaayyyy up under the jockeys, toward the front, could be on the left or right hand side... if it has one at all. I don't see a lot of Big Horns around here, so I'm not sure, but that's where I'd start looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts