The Horse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
That is odd. It almost looks like that horse was caught into some fencing, barbwire of some sort and the tissue caused a different hair color to come grow back in.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wow, he's a big boy! :p

His coat is really interesting - to me it looks like he got left in the attic too long and then got covered in dust, and wherever people have touched him the dust has rubbed off :lol:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
^^ Lol, thats a funny thought.

I have to agree with Joshie's post. Definatley a roan, and not a very happy looking chap.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
he is just a roan with body marks ... a roan when any type of truama occures turns darker... my mare lazy has dark hair in her roaning from bites and kicks that dont' even remove the hair

she doesn't have many but you can kinda see the little dark marks in this pic
click to enlarge it

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
he looks like he does plenty of pasture breeding LMAO and the mares have kicked his butt more then once

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a Bay Roan, like Chris Cox's Stallion.
It's my favorite color and hard to get. I tried breeding my Blue roan Percheron to a Grandson of Go Man Go, who is chestnut for a try at getting a bay roan Draft Cross foal.....she got pregnant but then absorbed the foal.

She's just gotten too old. *sigh*

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I hope you dont mind ginger...but I gotta ask....some people posted that he looked sad....what makes him look sad? I just wanna know for my horse education.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
It was a rather bright day when those were taken and it almost looks like his eyes are partially closed to block some of the sun which gives him a sad look. Well, that and the fact that he's at a rescue is sad all by it's self.

I think he looks like he's had his fair share of licks in the past. I would agree with the others that he's pretty scarred up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts