The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-connecting with the HF after being gone for 2 years. I will have to be lurking for a while to catch up :). A little history about me: I have a kiger mustang gelding (Thunder) that I purchased as an 18 month old in 2008(?) and his birthday is April 1st (fits his Fools personality ;)). I did have a mustang filly for a few months and was really excited, but some drama happened with that transaction (not on my account) and I was not able to keep her (long story I do not wish to talk about). And then so last year I acquired a rescue mare that has a great personality, a little rusty on her training (but definitely knows stuff) and with some health issues. She is an amazing little horse that I wouldn't trade for anything, her and Thunder are buds. I was told she was an indian pony meaning that they think she was mustang (came from a tribe in eastern oregon). She looks like part mustang, possibly part morgan? I used to moderate on here and had life take me in different directions and I broke off. Now I'm feeling like I miss it terribly and need to be surrounded by fellow horse peeps. So here I am :). Hope to get to know some of you.

PS: On the lunge, Thunder was a bit thin at this time, he had something going on with his liver, coliced, found out he was standing up eating oak leaves. He is now back to his normal hefty-ish weight. He is quite a big guy at aprx. 15.3-16hh and requires a draft tree in a saddle. Shiloh is my black mare and she was a rescue that had foundered from the previous owner and we brought her back to good working order. She is 15 aprx. years old

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome back!!! :) I just got here but wanted to welcome you back!! Your horses are beautiful!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh and I have a black lab named Shiloh!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts