The Horse Forum banner
161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
YAY! Jasper is feeling better!

A great description of his glowing coat. I am sure his handsomeness takes your breath away and that was probably a big part of Jasper’s “I Feel Good” (think James Brown’s I Feel Good dance:). antics —- he knows how handsome he is:)

When you said the bareback ride “-went swimmingly-“ you know where my first thought went😂.

I was glad to read on and learn that wasn’t the case:)
I am glad he feels good! But, we do need to work on better listening (and me communicating), even when he is happy. There are good safe places to run, and places that are not so safe. Also, I'm not sure how fast he can actually go (he's been clocked at 20mph), but there is a "too fast, this isn't fun" threshold, at least for me. (it's also a little frustrating because, since he doesn't do that for most other people, it's hard to talk about that with all but a few people - I don't want the kids, for one, to get the idea that they can just run him around, because he'll either get hurt or he'll get mad when they start hauling on his mouth).

Oh, lord knows he knows he's a beautiful and magnificent creature. Why shouldn't he go fast? Fast is the BEST OF SPEEDS. Minimum, a trot. (and he's got the most pleasant jog you can just float to). I can only imagine what he was like at 8 or 9. He's not just fast, either - he's brave. This fellow firmly believes that the best way to get past any obstacle is a straight line. Going around it is for weenies, and he is no weenie.

You know, honestly, if I didn't have a phone in my pocket (and my medic license in my wallet), falling off into the water wouldn't be so terrible bareback. The lakes are still a bit cool - in the low 60s - but neither of us minds water, and it hurts less than ground. And no tack would get ruined! :D

Turns out on Monday we get to go down to a state forest about an hourish south of the barn - hooray for a change of scenery, and for big, wide, flat trails. (seriously: this is the place where the hunter pace is held, and I watched some people's helmet videos, and thought: wow, this is so ... clear, and flat, and free of roots and branches.) I've hiked on the human trails there before, and it's very pretty.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
So! We went to a different state park a few miles away for the field trip but it was still fun and new. The horse-accessible trails are mostly groomed and some are wide enough to accommodate three horses side-by-side. It was a beautiful day with beautiful scenery. Jasper tried to snack, because of course, a new place is a great place to test out whether maybe he can eat on THIS trail... We had the chance to lead a few times, which was good for us, I think - Jasper wasn't too sure about it, because neither of us had ever been here, but we got over it. He was excited to be in a new place, a little jiggy, but alert and interested. We rode for about two hours, mostly walking, some trotting and cantering. At first he wasn't too sure about cantering in the lead, but my trainer suggested it's because neither of us knows what's ahead (I mean, I can see that the trail is clear and flat, but do we really know it like we do the trails at home? No, not the same). It was a lovely time.

Also, lucky Jasper got to spend many, many minutes eating tasty grass before we set off and after we got back to the trailer to untack. Happy Jas.

I could go on for entire paragraphs trying to describe exactly what his coat looks like. Suffice to say I think he is beautiful in all ways. (his butt is sort of canted toward me in this photo, which is why he looks a bit off.)

The weather has been superb (well, less superb for working in - 83F and sunny is less fun when you are wearing long cargo pants and a polyester blend button-down) and will be again tomorrow, so it should be a good ride. I am happy to spend time with him regardless. Horse-time makes up for work being brutal.

There is a new boarder at the barn, which is causing something of a stir (she needs to be in a private paddock because she is highly aggressive toward other horses, she is a cribber, she ripped a piece of flashing off an inside window within 4 hours of being at the barn, her owner wants her stalled all but one hour of the day...and she's not a small horse, either, she's close to Jasper's height ... hoo boy) and thus something I just want to avoid as much as possible. Don't think she likes Jasper overmuch, but I've gotten the impression she feels that way about most horses. I'd feel bad for her if I didn't think she was going to hurt someone.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
What a great ride you had! It really sounds like you have an Aces trainer - I hope you never lose her? or him?

Jasper as usual is looking “brutally handsome” but he does seem to be saying “all this new grass to test and you have tied me to the trailer——-“

Why on earth would the new mare’s owner want her in lockdown 23 hours a day? Unless she is metabolic, she would be much better off outside provided there is someone she can get along wit. Even being metaboli,she still needs more than an hour turnout — no wonder she’s a nut job:(:(

Thru the years, I have had folks ask me to board their horses and I always say no. I tell them A) you can’t afford me. B) Even if you could, you would not like my rules—- the owner of the new mare would not like my rules:rolleyes:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
What a great ride you had! It really sounds like you have an Aces trainer - I hope you never lose her? or him?

Jasper as usual is looking “brutally handsome” but he does seem to be saying “all this new grass to test and you have tied me to the trailer——-“

Why on earth would the new mare’s owner want her in lockdown 23 hours a day? Unless she is metabolic, she would be much better off outside provided there is someone she can get along wit. Even being metaboli,she still needs more than an hour turnout — no wonder she’s a nut job:(:(

Thru the years, I have had folks ask me to board their horses and I always say no. I tell them A) you can’t afford me. B) Even if you could, you would not like my rules—- the owner of the new mare would not like my rules:rolleyes:
Her. She is a good friend. She reminds me a lot of another friend of mine across the country - also a horsewoman, but not able to ride or work with horses right now due to circumstance.

Oh! I only tied him to untack him (and to practice tying a quick-release knot). Fear not he had plenty of time to gorge. (maybe not enough time by HIS standards, but plenty by the standards of the guy who has to clean his butt in the springtime so the flies don't get him).

I wish I knew! :( I think it might be their first horse? She is very pretty - tall, black and white paint, good conformation from what I can see (don't really wanna get too close), good weight. But god - even just in the stall with the ordinary comings and goings, her eyes were so wide you could see the white all around. She looked like she was about to have a heart attack. She's young (five, so I'm told), and honestly, she probably would be a lot better with some good outside time. Let her work off some of that nervous energy and maybe learn some social skills (of course, the BO and staff sensibly don't want her to hurt any of the other horses). But Jasper was in the stall next to her - not even looking at her, not even facing her - literally, the opposite direction, munching hay - and she'd scream and get set to start kicking the walls. It's a big yikes.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
1. Wow - I feel sorry for the horse. Even if she is healing from some sort of leg injury, all her stall antics aren’t going to help the healing process.

Some years back my friend’s horse suffered a tendon injury on a hind leg. She had to keep him locked up nearly the entire 24 hours and he was only allowed out if she led him. He was on her farm, she was retired, and it was still a nightmare as the horse was only 6-7 at the time.

Conversely, my Joker hyper extended a tendon in a hind leg (the lameness vet’s words). He did not want Joker shut in, except at night. Joker’s side of the barn opens into a 1/2 acre barnyard. He could see the other horses most of the time.

Joker is a fairly quiet/laid back horse, the vet wanted him to be able to be in/out of the barn at will, and be able to be alone in the barnyard so he could exercise himself at his pace, which is generally slow. I had to cold hose and wrap his leg 2X/day. Joker healed as fast as any horse in lockdown, and a lot more sane in the process.

@redbadger , if you ever get your own farm, be sure to have not only a paddock befween the barn and main pasture, but be sure to make a small “sick bay“ area, to where the horse can get in the barn or has plenty of shade. I’ve lost count of the times I have used that side yard for illness or injury, in the 18 years we have been here.

2. I figured the look on Jasper’s face wasn’t quite the truth, lollol.

3. You are so fortunate to have a trainer who is so astute to the horse. Whatever your training fees are, they are worth every penny:)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Barn rest when they're injured is another matter - and it can be very hard on them. Most of the horses at this barn live outside 24/7 365. Stall boarders come in for breakfast and dinner, and stay in during bad weather (snowstorms, hurricanes or major rainfall, extremely cold temps). The barn has four main pastures (well, "pasture" - New England soil and weather do not make for tons of lush grass) - one for the ponies, one for the stall boarders, and two for a combination of boarders and hack line horses. Then there are a hand of smaller paddocks. There's a lot of flexibility in the set up, at least to a point. The new mare seems to be otherwise healthy. She's calmed down a touch but still looks like she'll jump out of her skin at any moment. Hopefully things work out.

I say trainer - I don't do formal lessons with her in the ring as much anymore, though mostly because Jasper thinks that being in the ring is a Crime Against Horse (tm). However, when we ride together, she advises me, and I go to her for advice often. Since I don't pay her for regular lessons, I covered a few rounds of her horse's medication (he has complications from EPM). But I would've done that anyway. She is a good person and sensible. :)

So, well - I said it would be a beautiful day for a ride, and it was. But, I've finally done it: I've finally fallen off a horse.

Things were going well. He's got a new saddle pad (brand new!) and it's obviously not as broken in as his other one, and I thought the girth needed tightening, so I got off (on trail) to tighten it up (as I've done before). Well, I tightened it up (or so I thought!), found a rock to use as a block, put my foot in to swing up and - down it went, taking me with it. Jasper stopped just about as soon as I hit the ground. I tied him to a tree (good practice with the quick-release knot), retacked him, and then found somewhere to hop on where I didn't have to use a stirrup (this meant scrambling up a massive downed tree). He wasn't thrilled with this process. We went on a little further just so we weren't going straight home, and then went home again. I feel a little bit like a sack of pears that's spent a few miles in the bed of a pickup truck, I've got some nasty scrapes (skinned my knuckles on a tree), and my brain feels a little jostled, but I'm ok and more importantly so is he.

I can't even say my pride is all that battered - yes, I took a spill, yes, it was my fault, but neither of us is seriously injured and we both stayed sensible about it (mostly: Jasper thought we should go right home once I was back on) and here we are. We'll just try again next time, no big deal.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Glad you are OK. I fell off this morning also. My Chorro did a spin bolt when he saw an escaped hunting dog come over the hill. I thought I was going to stay on when he leaped sideways, but went flying when he took off galloping. I hurt, but nothing is broken, sprained, or torn. Tomorrow I go camping for 4 days taking 2 horses. I couldn't pack anything before today because I have a rat problem in my trailer and have to keep things rats might chew stored until I leave. But I've managed to get everything packed OK so I think it all will go well.

I hope you are feeling better. I'll be commiserating with you.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
@redbadger I don’t consider the saddle slipping, before you even took a step, a fall, lollol

Many kudos and cookies to Jasper for simply standing there and not using the opportunity to head home sans his rider(y)(y)

I have ridden bareback the bulk of my life. I have climbed up footholds in cemetery walls, put horses down in three foot deep ditches, taught them to park out, used tail gates of trucks, climbed up huge rocks while watching for Sidewinders in the Southern California rock hills. If you can think it up, I probably crawled up it to get back on my horse, lollollol

@knightrider I hope you really are feeling ok — I can tell by some of your descriptions of falls that you sometimes mask the reality.

Have a great camping trip and stay safe(y):cool:(y):cool:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
He was on his way as I was getting up - I had my leg already over as I came down, and he was taking a few steps because LET'S GO ALREADY (and the train was in the vicinity). I was a little surprised he stopped, too, but the saddle was nearly under him, so I don't know that he could've gone far. I always thought it was a bit of a toss-up as to whether he'd leave a rider behind, with a lean toward "probably not", because he'd notice the rider was gone and he'd at least stop somewhere. Anyway, it's enough of a fall that I am feeling the ground (and some old chronic injuries of mine are more than a little upset).

I am happy to use whatever to bring me up to a suitable height to mount up. Lots of stone walls in these parts, and plenty of glacial boulders. I just didn't want to test the stirrup again. :lol: Jasper fusses over my (to him) incompetence.

@knightrider I'm glad you're ok - falls AND rats! What a time. I have no advice for either, but I do have A TON of liniments and ice packs to recommend. I hope you have a ton of fun camping without any loose dogs to scare your Chorro.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Well, all is forgiven, apparently - he went out happy (aside from eyeballing the grass - in fairness, he usually eats before public trail rides while the guide is getting everyone up), no trouble. We were out at the same time as three other folks from the barn, but not with them. (one is the gentle but ditzy woman who owns a nice, but young and inexperienced horse, and another is a woman who hasn't ridden her horse in most of a year because she moved to Georgia and didn't take the horse with her. Last time she rode this horse, the horse bucked her off. I felt like I ... did not want to be in proximity to any of this. So I was just like yeah, Jasper and I need to go and be by ourselves so we can settle up about the fall and all the accompanying nonsense).

We just walked. Walking is fine! Walking is great. He would've trotted and cantered had I asked, but a) the ground was a bit iffy after the storms last night and b) sometimes not running is just better also c) it was a bit hot by the time we left the barn and why stress if it's not needed? He was unhappy to discover that Special Water (a seasonal stream that runs down from the under the railroad grade to the lake) has all dried up. Can't say I'm thrilled either - it dries up just when it is most needed.

We came around a turn and found an ATV'er heading right toward us. Nowhere to get to. Fortunately the guy saw us and stopped. Jasper turned away as the guy got close, but he didn't run, and once the guy stopped we walked right by him. Jas wanted to pick it up and get away - I don't blame him - but we still just walked. I was pleased with him - he was brave, after all, to stand and face a whole noisy ATV and not run (there wasn't much to run to, but I've no doubt if he was really scared, he'd have made some room).

I'm going to DC for a week+ next Thursday, but I should see him again on Monday before I go. He's seeing the farrier tomorrow, he's got his equi-spot on (which is working nicely!), and I'm going to worry over him when I'm not busy eating home cooking, touristing, and doing my swimming race. (but I do often. I'm hopeless. I know he's fine, I just miss him when I can't see him).

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Coming face-to-face with an ATV’r who had some common sense was the best thing for both you and Jasper. It truly gave you an opportunity to instill another layer of trust and respect.

Two thumbs up for all three of you(y)(y)

A creek has gone dry already? I thought your storm brought a lot of rain? Dry creek’s where you live, this early is a double eyebrow raiser. I hope the hay growers can stay on track with production this year. We have already had some first cuts in my area. When I lived on the OH/PA border first cut was generally end of May or June, and I can remember some first cuts around July 4th.

Your vacation is a two-edged sword, lollol. I understand the worry over Jasper but he will be fine:)

Your family will be so happy to see you that you won’t have too much time to be lonely for Jasper:)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
An ATV, other horses in the woods, no running ... sure, let's throw all kinds of wrenches into this ride. :lol: He did very well. It was good for us to see a bunch of weird things. (hey, at least it wasn't a sofa... ;))

Well, "creek" would be well overstating the case. It's a very shallow little stream - doesn't even show up on the maps. And it's typically seasonal and flows most heavily in the Spring. It does dry up pretty quickly but this is somewhat early for the whole thing to go. In summer we typically stop for a drink at the river on our way out, either going on toward the co-op farm or crossing the river and going up the power lines. We've got steady rain in the forecast all weekend, so I'm hoping it'll help with the dry/drought conditions. It's also been very hot very early - many of the local the lakes are already into the 70s in some spots, which doesn't usually happen til mid June. And the pollen has been ghastly.

My friend says I have a crush on my horse and she's kind of right :lol:. I want to buy him nice things, I think about ways to make him feel better and stay healthy, and whether or not he's getting enough to eat and drink and not getting exhausted and frustrated. I worry the kids (teenagers) will get wind he runs for me, or even that he can jump, and try and make him do it in the ring and get him hurt. (Some of the kids just haven't quite learned yet that not every horse is suitable for every activity, for any number of reasons (age, size, personality, soundness, experience) and that that's ok.)

But I also trust my trainer to do her best to make sure he's ok (she cares about all the horses anyway, and she knows that he and I have a strong relationship). So I'll only worry a little before going off and having fun. ;)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
I missed my buddy. Of course, I came back from my trip with a sore throat, and then the worst reflux I've had in 10 years, which landed me in the ED for most of Tuesday (had to call out of work, which I did not want to do). Still not feeling my best. I followed out on a couple of trail rides yesterday - regular old walk rides. I just didn't feel up to going by ourselves, but I did want to spend time with him.

The second trail ride was a bit of a pain - one of the boarders came with us some of the way, peeled off to go by the lake, and then caught up with us later, which Jasper didn't like - she cantered/trotted to catch up with us, and then Jas was stuck with her horse on his hip and me keeping him off Lavi's butt. He was making ears at the boarder's horse.

Today, after some unpleasant pre-scheduled medical testing, I went to go see him and we went out by ourselves. We had a good ride. Energetic, smooth, good off the leg. We didn't have to have any major discussions. He was very unhappy that the little stream has gone bone dry again - he was all set to try and follow the course all the way back up to the railbed, hoping it might still have something in it. Alas: all gone. Life is hard, that he must drink ordinary water from a bucket. (that's fair: running water is probably better) We'll just have to stop at the river (creek) instead, which does have a good flow. After the farrier comes and I feel ok taking him up and down the powerlines/gas line, we'll cross it. (he's due and those are relatively steep, long hills).

Explicit word from the BO is that he would sell me Jasper if/when he gets a replacement - which, god, I would love. I know Jas is an old man, but we are buddies. We could be happy with however long we get together. Of course, finding a horse that is sane, sound, and reasonably priced ... well, you know, how it goes. "Pick two". But I'm still looking. I didn't get a chance to ask if I can make off with him for the hunter pace in the fall - the hardest part about that is that it's a Sunday, and weekends into November are still pretty busy, especially with the foliage. I would just pay him for what he'd make in a day if it came to that. I don't think we'd do well - I just want to know if we can go to a strange place, and ride together successfully there by ourselves. And I think Jasper would like it.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
I am so sorry you came home with a bad sore throat. That water your meet was in was pretty polluted🤮🤮

Many many years ago there was a biker band in Cleveland, Ohio called the Burnt River Band. They were a great band - I heard them a few times:).

They named themselves for the Cuyahoga River, after it literally caught on fire from all the pollution — you can google that true story, lollol

The BO actually committing to selling Jasper to you, provided a Suitable replacement can be found is great news!!

That means many of us are on a serious hunt for a replacement:). Even the out West folks who may know someone who knows someone(y)(y)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
@walkinthewalk I'm uncertain if it was the water or not! Which neither smelled nor tasted (like, I didn't drink it, but you've got no choice in getting it in the mouth) particularly foul - better than some of the rivers here on a toasty summer morning. That said, the water is high on my list of culprits. I know of the Cuyahoga - it caught on fire several times during the 20th century. 🤢 And Boston, of course, is infamous for its own dirty water - both the harbor and the Charles River are now far cleaner than they were 15 or 20 years ago, though like the Potomac, the sediment will probably always be bad. At any rate I'm feeling somewhat better today.

The BO actually used to have a dealer that he used who'd sort of trawl the auctions and sales and bring over a few horses, and apparently it'd basically be one or two would be suitable. That's kind of how things are going now (the dealer passed away a couple of years ago) - he'll acquire a couple of horses, they turn out to be not very suited to trail work. Of the ones he's purchased in the last few years, one is a handsome QH but bucks (as in, was probably trained to do it), another is a high-anxiety TWH (which he just sold, actually), one needs some significant retraining, one was bought by the nice, gentle, ditzy woman who used to lease Lavinia, another one one of the pony kids/now trail guides fell in love with and just bought (ok, "someone fell in love with this horse and bought it immediately" is actually several horses), and finally there's one who's still on the line. (he's actually a fine, good-natured fellow who, if I didn't have Jasper, I would probably be in love with. He needs to build some muscle and put some weight on, but he's the only one of any he's bought that I immediately thought "I like him. I'd ride him.") He's gotten a bunch of them from a guy up in VT who seems to have found a good way to get rid of the dregs of his hack herd (obviously, not @egrogan !)

I believe he got Jasper from an auction about 2 hours west of Boston, which I guess is widely known for being hit or miss (I guess all auctions are). @egrogan might know more about - I've never been there. Now that COVID's receding (we hope), I might take a trip out and see what it's all about. Not to buy - I have more sense than to go alone to a livestock auction and buy something without thinking long and hard about it, and coming the day before for a test ride. No matter how cute any of 'em are. (There are many good horses. Many of these horses would be good for other, more experienced people. The place down in WV that did a bait-and-switch with the belgian cross last year has a bunch of drafts and draft crosses this year, but they're all young and were feral: great horses, perhaps, but not for me.)

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
He's gotten a bunch of them from a guy up in VT who seems to have found a good way to get rid of the dregs of his hack herd (obviously, not @egrogan !)
Haha, a dealer I am not- mine are here for good once they get here. But yes, there are a fair number of camp horse/summer trail riding places in VT and horses come and go with the seasons at those places. Pond Hill Ranch has a reputation for being pretty trustworthy, others, maybe not so much.

I'm a sentimentalist at heart and I'd really just like you and Jasper to end up together. And I know how hard it is to find what you're looking for, given my own searching in the past. Temperament and training wise, I'd recommend in a heartbeat that you visit my mare's breeder down in Litchfield, CT. But they are Morgan people and as solid and strong as a Morgan is, that's not the horse that you can put on a public string and have the horse able to stand up to all shapes and sizes of riders that visit the barn.

I will continue to keep my eye out for you!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Haha, a dealer I am not- mine are here for good once they get here. But yes, there are a fair number of camp horse/summer trail riding places in VT and horses come and go with the seasons at those places. Pond Hill Ranch has a reputation for being pretty trustworthy, others, maybe not so much.

I'm a sentimentalist at heart and I'd really just like you and Jasper to end up together. And I know how hard it is to find what you're looking for, given my own searching in the past. Temperament and training wise, I'd recommend in a heartbeat that you visit my mare's breeder down in Litchfield, CT. But they are Morgan people and as solid and strong as a Morgan is, that's not the horse that you can put on a public string and have the horse able to stand up to all shapes and sizes of riders that visit the barn.

I will continue to keep my eye out for you!
We actually have a morgan (I don't know if she's registered, I think she might be) on the line! Sometimes she can be a witch, and sometimes she can be spectacular (she is often very good with kids, but if she thinks she can get away with eating, she will. The whole way.). She is a strong, sturdy horse but yes, not for the big-and-tall-beginner set.

I wish I knew where Jasper came from. Then I might have a line. :lol: But a horse like him, 10 years younger, is probably worth a small fortune. (fun story: I was idly flipping through a John Wayne movie the other day, and one of the horses looked exactly like Jasper, save different leg markings.)

Perhaps by the end of summer places will be starting to thin out their herds for winter. At least if I'm not looking for a horse for me, I just need a horse who meets qualifications, not one that I'm in love with.

Jas was feisty today. The weather was perfect, not hot, not humid, just bright and clear and dry with a nice breeze. He was happy to go over the logs, but didn't want to slow down. I never know exactly what to do with that: if I had the space, safely, I'd just make him run his beans out until he realized it was in fact hard work. (he is, though, in good shape: I think he could take the whole regular 3 miles at a trot/canter and be fine. Unfortunately, there are just too many rocks, tree roots, and down hill stretches to test this).

He is funny, too: ordinarily he's very fussy about his face, which is a perfectly fine, normal thing for an animal that has major blind spots and no binocular vision (though he's less tolerant than many horses). But today he wanted ALL the brushing and ALL the ear-scratches. He was more than content to have me all but scrub his blaze for him.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
If there are any Amish communities within your driving distance, I might be tempted to visit one and ask if they know someone who has a horse of that fits your bosses criteria and would make a good string horse.

They all specialize in going to auctions and you might stand a chance of picking up a good horse for not much money.

Of course when it comes to riding and buggy horses, the Amish are divided as far as care and abuse. Some are fantastically good with all their horses, others need me to use my rusty old pig denutter on them.

You would also have to be wary of them over pricing a horse because “a Yankee” is doing the inquiring. If you have been reading @Cordillera Cowboy ’s thread about a possible horse purchase, dealing with the Amish can be in similar vein, lollol.

I was raised around them and could relay good and bad stories of how they treated all their animals.

Just another avenue to ponder:unsure:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
There are a few - a fairly recent settlement up in Vermont, and I think a few communities in Maine. My trainer lived in PA for a long time and had similar experiences with Amish folks as you have - the folks she encountered, as she described it, would train a horse beautifully, but also tended to treat their horses more as farm equipment than companion animals. So, mixed.

It depends on what "overpricing" is. Within the realm of possibility for a sound, sane, rideable horse in New England is very different than in Texas. Of course, now that we can travel reasonably safely, it would not be a bad time to go on a roadtrip, either...

161 - 180 of 205 Posts