The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shock: Ok...So I have been trying to decide on a saddle pad for my horse. There are two saddle pads I am trying to decide on both are wool/felt pads. They are both roughly around the same price.

#1 Cactus Choice of Champions Wool Felt Roper Pad
100% wool felt contour pad with top grai wear leathers. Size: 29" x 321/2" x 3/4"

#2 Classic Equine Wool Felt Pad
1" wool stays soft for the life of the pad. Cut out over withers and contoured to fit your horse's back. Split design allows the pad to move with your horse. Use alone or with blanket. Size: 31" x 32".

I think I am leaning more towards the Classic Equine pad...but I still can't decide!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Of the two, I like the Classic Equine as well. When I bought a new pad last November, wool/felt was the only way I was going to go. Over the years, I tried some of the knockoffs and found them to be a waste of money. This time I spent a little more and bought a 1" 5 Star brand for $139.00. Best pad I've ever had.

The felt was so much better in quality and durability. I ride ~12 -15 hours per week and I can't see ever owning a different pad.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I like the look of #2 much better. On #1, I forsee sores in the withers from the leather binding there, plus, 29" is awfully small, especially for a roper pad. Ideally, I think you should have no less than 1" extra pad all the way around the skirts of your saddle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.