The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home with a brand new gas powers water pump! It's never had gas or oil in it, EVER. All owners manuals were still stuffed in the discharge port of the pump. The whole shabang if ya will, suction and discharge hoses, new with tags on. Oil, every stuff!

But here's what trips my trigger, it's warranty is dated 1976!!!!!! It's 37/38yrs old, never seen the light of day and is in perfect condition. If there's even a scratch, it happened in the trunk of our Lincoln.

Ok, I'm a big kid, but tell me that ain't cool.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At the gas station after I drove as fast as I could

Wonder if its still under warranty, lol

Ad I found where it sold new at TSC

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
That is cool I call it antiquing and I love to find all stuff that is still like new :)

·
Registered
48,566 Posts
Glad you are so easily pleased. I know this sounds rude, but most men are, and this is actually something I admire about them.
S'cuse my ignorance, but what will you use this water pump for?

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
To pump water I think? But, can I ask, where do you pump water from & to?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We pump water from the creek to water the pasture, and I've been borrowing a huge pump to do it. This is more appropriate sized and just happens to be way too cool of a find.

I collect old power equipment anyways and this just is too perfect. Gonna fire her up tomorrow for the first time ever. Mmm that smell of break in oil, the spits and sputters, then vrummmmm life! There's nothing like it. I'm so stoked
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
Okay I know what is now, Briggs & Stratton is a good motor too.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

4000 GPH at an idle of the borrowed pump....

This lil baby will be just fine :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't think I would be able to wait till tomorrow if it was me. One heck of a good find!
I wanna do it right, make it a ceromony if you will lol. I stopped by friends houses all the way home to show it off. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Wonderful find! We use a water pump here to get the water to our house from the storage tank. Last winter's freeze killed ours, so we are on our second one.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is all cast iron, still packed with cosmoline. It'll last longer then ill ever need it I'm sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I wanna do it right, make it a ceromony if you will lol. I stopped by friends houses all the way home to show it off. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Can't say as I blamed you for stopping complete strangers to show that baby off. Guess tomorrow is soon enough.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My plan is to mount it on a hitch plate so I can just slap it in and drive to the creek and start pumpin.

I'd be a liar if I didn't say, I almost feel bad about using it. But, that's why it was made, right? No different then my tractors
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
WHATEVER!! I'd take that over new shoes any day!
Some people have all the luck, sheesh... AWESOME find, congrats!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: nvr2many

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hopefully I can post tomorrow how she pumps. I wish I could still post videos from photobucket. Cause the big pump is like a jet pack!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 29 Posts