The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh...there are more videos if you scroll further down :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
With her breeding, I'd be surprised if her back was short! LOL Looks a bit steep in the shoulder, but that's typical for gaited breeds from what I've seen. Looks kind of posty in her hind legs, but she looks like she's a cute mover! Love her face. Just looks sweet!

Her tail is set high, but that's not going to giver her good or bad performance. I'd like to see a video of all three gaits.

Edit; OKAY! now that I saw there are more vids!!! If she started accepting contact, I could see her being a really cute lower level horse.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would, but my BIIIIIG issue is with your hands/contact, but you're riding in a bitless bridle so I really have absolutely nothing to say as I don't understand the mechanics of it. It looks like you have a good seat and leg though.

As far as your horse, she's pretty. She looks bright and alert, she has perfect weight, nice straight legs, and looks like she's a nice mover.

Good luck selling her! :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would, but my BIIIIIG issue is with your hands/contact, but you're riding in a bitless bridle so I really have absolutely nothing to say as I don't understand the mechanics of it. It looks like you have a good seat and leg though.

As far as your horse, she's pretty. She looks bright and alert, she has perfect weight, nice straight legs, and looks like she's a nice mover.

Good luck selling her! :)

She wasn't responding to the bit well so my trainer put her in an "indian" bosal....it doesn't have a rawhide noseband...just yarn so it doesn't give very good pressure at all :( but she is starting to do better with it. she has only been in it a few weeks.....

thanks:) i have really been trying to work on my seat..lol

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
She wasn't responding to the bit well so my trainer put her in an "indian" bosal....it doesn't have a rawhide noseband...just yarn so it doesn't give very good pressure at all :( but she is starting to do better with it. she has only been in it a few weeks.....

thanks:) i have really been trying to work on my seat..lol
That's neat, I've never heard of one of those before.. gotta go look it up now haha! :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no other critiques on horse or rider?

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I had that same Indian side pull for my mare. She's a pretty girl. You look good on her.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had that same Indian side pull for my mare. She's a pretty girl. You look good on her.

how does your horse do in the side pull or indian bosal?

·
Registered
245 Posts
think she looks like a nice riding horse, very soft. but a video of all 3 gaits would tell us alot more about your riding and your horse.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
think she looks like a nice riding horse, very soft. but a video of all 3 gaits would tell us alot more about your riding and your horse.

there is videos of all three gaits if you scroll further down :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
there is videos of all three gaits if you scroll further down :)

sorry i didnt see those :)

lovely horse!
the main thing i see with you is your stirrups are too short for flat work, which makes you look perched on top. the short length causing your legs to slip forward, and because of this you are tipping your body forward to compensate for balance. sitting trot was nice, but would be much improved by longer stirrups. =)

rising trot i would like to see more relaxed and not so short strides. also you were on the wrong diagonal.

canter, your popping out of your seat each stride because of your stirrup length and are using the reins as balance(in canterII).

all in all i think you would be a lovely rider if you popped your stirrups down a few holes.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry i didnt see those :)

lovely horse!
the main thing i see with you is your stirrups are too short for flat work, which makes you look perched on top. the short length causing your legs to slip forward, and because of this you are tipping your body forward to compensate for balance. sitting trot was nice, but would be much improved by longer stirrups. =)

rising trot i would like to see more relaxed and not so short strides. also you were on the wrong diagonal.

canter, your popping out of your seat each stride because of your stirrup length and are using the reins as balance(in canterII).

all in all i think you would be a lovely rider if you popped your stirrups down a few holes.

cool..thanks...i'll have to lower my stirrups and try again :) i did feel like i was popping out of the seat quite a bit on the canter...hopefully this will solve it! thanks again!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.