The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my hands on a 15-year-old Curcle Y barrel saddle.. I've ridden in it once and it fits my horse darn near perfect.. But it's priced at $450 and me being young and broke, I wanna make sure I love it before I splurge :shock: this'll be my first saddle that I've actually owned (if you don't count my pony saddle I had as a kid)... Anybody out there ride in older circle Y's?! Have the held up? Quality? ...the saddles in good used shape.. Am I getting a good deal?!
Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
My trainer has one, Its 30+ years old. Its held up great. I think a lot of how it holds up depends on how you take care of it.Circle Y's are nice saddles. I just got a proven and love it!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Your story sounds exactly like mine- except I got mine for 400. First big purchase I made all by my lonesome as a little one.

To answer your ? Though- I love it. It's my favorite saddle. Holds up, fits my horse better than anything else and it's so comfortable.

I say go for it if it's in good condition! And pictures :)

Reactions: Troubador

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have an old Connie combs circle y, it has to be over 30 years old as it was my grandmas saddle when she rode. It's a great saddle and still comfortable to ride in. Needs the leathers replaced but you can expect that on an old saddle with so much use. I say buy it if you like it, it'll be worth $450.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.