The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your experiences with any online tack/supply stores. This will possibly help people to find a good place to order their stuff online and hopefully prevent anyone from getting screwed by someplace that has horrible customer service.

I do a lot of my shopping in these sites and I have been very satisfied with their prices, shipping, customer service, and quality of products so far.

Valley Vet
Schneiders
NRS World
State Line Tack
Horse Friendly.com

These two sites are on the lower end of quality and you do have to be more cautious and investigate the stuff that you buy from them, especially leather goods. I normally get my rope halters and grooming equipment from them as it's cheaper there.
Horse.com
Chicks Saddlery

I really haven't had any bad experiences with anywhere I've shopped online so far.

So please, share the companies that you like and the ones you will never shop from again. If you give a bad review, please give us a reason why. It doesn't have to be detailed unless you really want to, but it would be good to know if they had rude customer service people, they charged you but never shipped your order, they 'conveniently' forgot that you had an order with them and you never received it, if they won't respond to calls/emails, that sort of thing.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
I have never heard of Horse Friendly. That looks interesting.

I agree on the others.

I do most of my shopping with Smartpak. Love their customer service.

I get very frustrated with Dover since you seem to have to look through every published catalog to get the best price. If you just look on the website for a product you are not necessarily getting their current sale price.

ETA - Smartpak does not ship internationally.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
The only place I have ordered from was Greenhawk. I love Greenhawk! We have a store not too far from here, it's in Halifax (which to get there is like 5-6 hour drive) We have very good customer service when we went to the store and they have lots of equipment and tack as well as show clothes (Mostly english...)

They have good quality stuff. We have also ordered online, we got stirrups, stirrup leathers and a girth (all english) that are very good quality and not too expensive!

We have also ordered from our local feed store, it was only a bit that had plastic covering the metal that half broke off after a little while. So we went and looked at the bits again and told the workers what happened and they were very nice! We ordered a new bit that was rubber instead AND they said to use a O-ring snaffle from the shop and said if we wanted to keep it after our new bit came we could pay for it then... So good experience! LOL

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have mainly just gotten rope equipment from Horse friendly so I can't say much on their leather goods (what few they have). Their reins/leadropes are very nice though.

ETA: Ray, would you mind including a link to the website that you use. That way, folks can just link from here instead of having to search for it. :D Thanks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
i like buying from pleasant ridge there really good you get it fast :) and its cheap but good conditions. Plus if you order over 100$ its free shipping

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I really like Adams Horse Supply. They have good deals on the leather conditioner I use. I also purchased a Wintec for a client from them. They offer free shipping plus either a fittings package or full gullet kit with the Wintecs, which makes their prices the best around. Their customer service is excellent, and they're a smaller company. I try to support small to medium sized businesses when I can.
Welcome To AdamsHorseSupplies

I use horse.com or valleyvet.com for dewormers, medical, tack room stuff, etc. Big D's has some of the best prices on supplements around, Big Dee's Tack & DogHouse Pet Supplies I use either Valley Vet or KV Vet Supply for prescription medications, like bute, ace, banemine, etc. Your vet can call or fax in an prescription.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
These are my favorites, in order from best to least.

jeffersequine.com (Offers free shipping on orders over $49 and they ship really fast. I buy wormer from them and other little stuff. Their stuff seems to be priced the best.)

horse.com (I get little stuff from them too. They used to be cheaper than Jeffers, but their prices have gone up a little recently.)

smartpak.com (Supplements, of course. Great service!)

chicksaddlery.com (Their shipping is expensive as well as some of their stuff, but I have gotten a good quality leather saddle for a good price from there believe it or not!)

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
ValleyVet has really good customer service. I ordered a value pack of SMB3s because they came with free bell boots all for $100. They notified me the next day that the bell boots were on back order and said I wouldn't get them for a month or so. They got them in 2 weeks later and sent them to me the next day.

Smith Brothers has Western products. It's part of Dover and I've never ordered anything from them, but I creep through their website often.

SmartPak also has awesome customer service.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
I'm a fan of Equestrian Collections

I've only bought blankets from them so far, but they have GREAT blanket sales and I've been really pleased. For instance, I got a Pessoa Alpine HW (1200D) blanket that I couldn't find for less than $150 anywhere (the average was around $200 when I was looking) else for around $95, plus shipping, from Equestrian Collections. I also got a MW Weatherbeeta for around $65 last winter. And, Lacey is a relatively hard to find size (69) but I've never had an issue finding the right size/price on EC. Shipping has always been pretty fast (about a week) too.
I would never pay their non-sale prices for things because I really feel like a lot of stuff is more expensive than it needs to be, but they have awesome sales!

I'm not a huge fan of their return policies (basically, once you try a blanket on your horse, you can't send it back) but so far everything has fit well so it's good. And, I figure that I'm paying enough under retail for the blankets I've gotten that if I needed to, I could just sell it somewhere else for closer to retail and make some money!

Customer service is also very helpful. I've emailed them in the morning and gotten responses within a few hours.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
So far I really like

Schneiders
Stateline
SmartPak
Tack of the Day (shipping may be slow but you are notified before you buy the deal AND it's good prices)

Dover is blegh IMO. The having to save paper catalogs and hunt through them is beyond irritating but good CS and decent sales. They annoy me enough though that I will purchase elsewhere if the same price.

Victory Canter - well... I did get the items I purchased and they did substitute a higher value item in place of an out-of-stock one, so that is good. However they are SLOW. Prices are good, quality is good, CS is not so great and it's pretty iffy if I will buy again. I shouldn't have to e-mail multiple times to get my stuff.

HorseLoverz, good prices and quality IF you know what you are after and purchase by the brand name. An Ovation girth is an Ovation girth irregardless of which vendor ships it to you, so if I know exactly what item and the company that makes it, I am fine purchasing from them. Shipping is beyond, like really beyond SLOW. Don't buy anything you want in the next month.

Not an online store persay but
eBay My World - gorge-us.girls
sells Kerrits apparel she gets from their warehouse, prices are really good if you cannot visit the warehouse yourself, ships fast. I've ordered from her multiple times.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Adams is my favorite. They also do a price match guarantee so if you just want to get it from there you can. Welcome To AdamsHorseSupplies

Horse Supplies, Dewormers, Equine Supplements & Tack - Horse.comis the same company as Horse Tack, Horse & Equine Supplies - Statelinetack.com, just different names. I like stateline better though. I guess that is just a matter of english and western, horse.com seems more western to me, or is that just me?

I wasn't sure if Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com was a scam or not, because once they had a weatherbeeta sale and the prices were so ridiculously low I wasn't sure if it was real or not, so we just bought from stateline and adams.

For tack I shop at Dover Saddlery - Quality English Horse Tack & Horse Supplies for the Equestrian.although sometimes their "messy" website gets on my nerves. (I have found the same product, same size, in different prices). I get most of my chemicals at stateline and my really good random stuff I think I need at Adams.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
i like buying from pleasant ridge there really good you get it fast :) and its cheap but good conditions. Plus if you order over 100$ its free shipping
yess! I ordered a pair of riding boots and 2 days later I got them. I had to return them regretfully because they were really too tall, but the customer service was very helpful in telling me how to send it back and I was refunded without any issues.

I love Greenhawk as well. I sometimes wished they had lower quality products that were less expensive since I don't need anything very fancy, but they always have great sales every year... so I sometimes get those pricey items for cheap. :)

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Not sure if any of the sites over this way would be any good for most on here.

I will say that I was not at all impressed with English Saddle Pads & Horse Halter and have heard multiple stories about bad experiences with them.

·
Banned
1,863 Posts
I Love, Love, LOVE Rods Western Palace!!! www.rods.com

As implied by their name, they sell Western horse supplies, clothing, and decor. They do have a small english selection, but I'm not sure how good it is compared to Dover or something. They are based out of Colombus Ohio, so shipping is relatively quick. If you are really into the Western theme, They have amazing (but a bit cashy) house decorrations. I got my bedding from them and I love how it looks and how comfortable it is.

I got the majority of my christmas and birthday presents from there last year! All of my family members had great experiences with them (Not to mention I loved the quality of the things I got From the company made solid twill show shirts to a gorgeous JT International headstall)

The only complaint I have with them is actually indirectly related to them. Almost two months ago I ordered a saddle pad that was half price from them. It was on backorder when I ordered it and I have yet to recieve it. (And I'm impatiently waiting for it :lol:).

I highly recommend Rods to all the western riders out there!

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Ahaha sorry I didn't put the link in! Greenhawk Harness & Equestrian

They have english, western, TB racing, STB racing, Harness, books, videos, blankets, riding apparel, health care, grooming and stable supplies. They have like... everything!

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
I also vote for Greenhawk, never have had a bad experience with them.

It's difficult up here in Canada, shipping often turns a bargain buy into a 'to expensive to consider' option.

I used to buy a lot of stuff from Green River Tack but no more, their shipping was always expensive to Canada, but often it was still worth it, but their customer service simply SUCKS, so they lost my custom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Post your experiences with any online tack/supply stores. This will possibly help people to find a good place to order their stuff online and hopefully prevent anyone from getting screwed by someplace that has horrible customer service.

I do a lot of my shopping in these sites and I have been very satisfied with their prices, shipping, customer service, and quality of products so far.

Valley Vet
Schneiders
NRS World
State Line Tack
Horse Friendly.com

These two sites are on the lower end of quality and you do have to be more cautious and investigate the stuff that you buy from them, especially leather goods. I normally get my rope halters and grooming equipment from them as it's cheaper there.
Horse.com
Chicks Saddlery

I really haven't had any bad experiences with anywhere I've shopped online so far.

So please, share the companies that you like and the ones you will never shop from again. If you give a bad review, please give us a reason why. It doesn't have to be detailed unless you really want to, but it would be good to know if they had rude customer service people, they charged you but never shipped your order, they 'conveniently' forgot that you had an order with them and you never received it, if they won't respond to calls/emails, that sort of thing.
Try TexanSaddles.com if you really want genuine discounted western saddles and the shipping is free throughout the US. There appears to be no equal in terms of service and price as far as I know :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.