Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a quick rant:

I just got bought my very own horse not too long ago so obviously I'm thrilled and I've pretty much only posted pictures on Instagram of my horse since. I only have one friend who rides so the rest get frustrated by all my posts but you know what?? I'd rather see horse photos than pictures of what someone ate for lunch any day!!! So there. Pointless thread but I'm just irritated by all the slack I've been getting lately. Anyone else? Or are you fortunate enough to be surrounded by equine lovers?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
997 Posts
I pretty much only post horse pictures too. My horse friends appreciate it, my other friends can deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Don't know anything about Instagram but Facebook I find good for connecting with my horse community:)D most my friends are fellow equine lovers. You keep up with what's happening & share in each other's horse highlights.:wink: we cheer each other on & support each other in difficult times.i know my non horsie friends must get sick of following my pictures & horse adventures:lol:

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
For me, I love sharing photos of my horse to my friends but I'm thoughtful in how many and how often. I primarily am on FB and I wouldn't want my newsfeed blown up by photos of someone's husband or someone's baby or someone's cat.

But if it's primarily on instagram and stays on instagram, I don't see the problem really..

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am guilty of posting mostly horse related things on facebook. I follow a ton of pages about horses, too, but don't share a billion pictures or articles like some people. Maybe a few on special occasion, if they are really interesting or funny. I do post a lot of pictures of my horse and talk about him quite often, though. My non-equestrian friends don't seem to care too much. They know that this is my life, it's what I am about, and my horse is important to me. If they don't like it, oh well, that's on them.

I used to be in it alone, I never had any friends who were into horses until I moved to the barn I am at now. Most of us boarders are friends on facebook, so we always like and comment on each other's posts. A few of the people fall into that "spammy" category, though. They will post pictures or share 15-20 things a day from the pages they follow... It gets old. I try to keep my posts broad and interesting for everyone. Still, I know that I post things that just don't make sense to some people (like my horse's diet, or blanketing, or riding breakthroughs).

My brother is constantly making fun of me for having my horse as my profile picture, too. "Meagan! You are NOT a horse! You should change your profile picture to one of YOU!" :lol:

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Most the pictures I post pretty much everywhere are of my horses. For the most part, most of my friends either like horses or ride themselves so I get a lot of compliments on my posts/pictures about horses.

The way I see it, horses are a huge part of my life. They are my passion and my life basically revolves around them. Even my non-horsey friends understand and accept that. If they didn't, then they wouldn't really be friends and I couldn't care less if they get annoyed.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Totally understand. I'm surrounded by non-horse people who get irritated with me on a regular basis over my equine obsession.

Feel free to post lots of pictures on HF - we would love to see them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Most of my friends are pretty good about it

I only have Facebook, but I found my page quickly became mainly horse people. I am an open book and if someone asks to add me I go okay but fair warning a post a ton of horse stuff. The negative part is some times I come here and ask questions to mainly strangers. On Facebook people question a trainer I use (no matter which one someone disagrees) or if I m spending too much for training....etc and I appreciate help but it is forme to figure out and many on my site don't understand that for my discipline I need a lot ad special trainers to discipline. Another problem is if I had a horse with issues one person will say it is ALL behavior, one friend saddle, next chripractic, next etc..... I have several horse friends with opposing views.. ha ha :) ahhhh yeah to avoid them fighting with each other trying to give me advice I flee.. or don't post as much.

·
Registered
281 Posts
People who matter will enjoy your excitement so may be teasing in fun too!!! Also keep in mind Christmas etc with my family me and my mom (the horse nuts) don't say anything about the horses.... no interest unless we talk one on one :). Public forums though they don't have to look or read um

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Funny thing about Facebook and Instagram:

There is this thing that obviously a lot of people haven't heard about. The oldest trick in the book. It's called SCROLLING DOWN. You see something that doesn't interest you, you scroll down. That's really all there is to it. How's that for a new trick? :)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I'm only on facebook but I do post a bunch of pictures of my horses and articles. I have a few friends who are into horses and a couple who take riding lessons on and off but the majority of my friends don't have anything to do with horses. The horse people appreciate it and aren't offended in the slightest of me posting everything about horses :lol:. My other friends, they do as Corazon Lock said and scroll down. They don't complain because they know that horses are a huge part of my life and they respect that and do try and get involved or ignore it. Those are the people that matter. Good friends or people don't rag on endlessly when it's easy to ignore ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.