The Horse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing free lance modeling since I was 16. The first photographer I ever worked with is an amazing fun person. We've stayed in contact and had numerous shoots throughout the years. He contacted me on Saturday and asked how I was doing, how was Caleigh and the dogs and life. I said everyone was fine and when was he going to come out to do a horse and rider shoot? I pointed out the next few days are supposed to be relatively nice and it would be fun to do an autumn type shoot while the leaves are still on the ground.
So we're aiming for Monday or Tuesday for a horse and rider shoot and if the pictures come out as both of us expect we will submit a few to a couple draft horse magazine and see if we can't get in one of em!

Here's the set up: Caleigh will be all clean and tacked up. I'll be in a fitted pinstripe suit complete with hat. The side roads are covered in trees with lots of colorful leaves on the ground and we'll be shooting with those as the background. Riding and on foot.

I'm excited!!!!:D:p:D:p

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Sounds like fun. My sister is a model, nothing major, just brand stuff.
I wanna see pictures too.
How on Earth will you get Caleigh clean? All the hair.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well her feet will take about 45 minutes to really scrub em but I clean em about 2 times a week so they don't get caked up and gross. The rest of her isn't too hard but with her winter coat it'll take about another 45 minutes for her body.
I don't know if I should braid her mane the night before though.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
of course I'll post the result!
He hasn't contacted me today yet but we'll see how things come together.
I've also been offered 3 paid shoots for pole fitness and body scape artists so I think my weekend has been taken up so far. All with my favorite type of shoots!
I do need to buy a new saddle pad. What color other than white would go with her, my white pad isn't so white anymore.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The shoot went awesome today! We did a mobster type shoot because apparently the catalog told him Caleigh needed all her fur. So we'll be doing that I guess in the spring time since she has a winter chest clip at the moment. It was still fun though and he said he'll be processing the images tonight and if I'm up at 3am he has no problem dropping them by on a cd or I can give him a call tomorrow and pick them up. He's like me and likes to get the image post processing done asap. He was awesome, very fun and loads of personality. I arranged another shoot with him this Sunday for a Marilyn Monroe feel Dark mystery type shoot!
My saddle pad and saddle slid back a lot though because I forgot to attach the pad to the saddle stupid me.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
That's exciting! Can't wait for pictures.
:]

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
me too! I can't wait!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts