The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally bought a saddle and pad on Monday and immediately went and put it on my horse. He was antsier than normal so I cut our ride short and took him on a walk (he's 2, coming 3 and only has like 5 rides total on him). He was a freakin wreck!!! All over the place and wouldn't settle down and walk with me like normal. I chalked it up to maybe a new saddle feel or a case of the bratty two-year olds.

Well, fast forward to today. I have the saddle and pad sitting at home this week cleaning the saddle and figuring out where I'm going to put it at the barn. I picked up the saddle w pad underneath and got poked with something!!!! I flipped the BRAND NEW wool pad over and can't see anything... I start running my hands over the underside of the pad and found like 10 dried goat heads (like the weed) felted into the wool. I've picked them all out but now I feel bad. My poor boy was trying to tell me to take the **** saddle off and I didn't listen.

Lesson learned, just cause its new doesn't mean you shouldn't check it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
784 Posts
Awww. You won't make that mistake again! Poor baby...but don't beat yourself up too much about it. If you think about this every time you saddle him up (and that would be really easy to do!) it will make him wiggy.

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
I'm glad you figured it out and can go back to riding him without any trouble!

Happy trails!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts