The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
OH. MY. GOSH. YES! Sometimes I think its the best thing in the world! It gets every horse back on track, feelin' better, and movin' better! I reccomend Animal Krackers, a chiropracting company owned by someone named Kit Heidt. He travels all over, from California to Canada, to Florida and to New York. Takes twice a month trips to England, South America, Beleize, and Germany. He's amazing. I totally, hands down reccomend it!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Bodywork (chiro, bowen, acupuncture, JENT, red light therapy etc etc) has shown marked improvements in my horses!

My gelding came to me having fallen twice in the truck on the way here. He was quite beaten up and his knee swelled up to 3 times its usual size. His offside pastern is STILL slightly enlarged, but gradually going down. He also wrenched a lot of muscles, and I had a lot of issues with him because of that. I had an acupuncturist to him, and she did an amazing job considering the circumstances surrounding the treatment (horse is claustrophobic and treatment had to be performed in a stable due to rain). Big improvements in his physical condition and how he worked under saddle, but the problems weren't gone completely - not her fault, it was circumstance. A chiro was called in later and the issues were solved, but he has recurring loin soreness due to the length of his back, so my (very basic) massage knowledge is being used to manage that issue.

I have had chiro's to my horses who have done AMAZING jobs and I have noticed marked improvements. Chiro is quite, er, firm, and some horses react violently to it.

Bowen is very gentle, and works to help release VERY sore muscles to a point where other methods can be used to release them all the way... but is too gentle to solve the problem entirely.

I have a horse that is dog lame at present due to severe hamstring soreness. For her, I believe bowen or acupuncture would be most beneficial. My mother had a go at her hamstring today and Magic displayed just how lethal she is with her hind legs... thankfully nobody was hurt (nobody was actually kicked, it was just a threat, but it was frightening) but this is not an issue I would call a chiro for because a chiro would get himself (they are usually men) killed treating this horse. One of the best chiros in my town had his leg broken in 3 places because a horse kicked him while he was trying to treat it. That shows how firm their work is, because softer forms of bodywork very rarely get such severe reactions.

Chiro work is not for the faint-hearted, but **** does it work!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.