The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a mare that is a granddaughter of dash for cash and Mr Crimson ruler on the bottom. She also has Secretariat, Zevi, and mito paint on her papers!!

After I purchase her (if I do) I was planning on breeding her and race the babies?? the stud I was looking at is dashin dynamo. he is dash for cash, grandson of ronas ryon, zevi, and goes back to mito paint.

I was wondering do yall think this would be a good breeding? The dad is a proven winner on the track and the mare was used for barrels.

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's impossible to give much of an opinion without pictures of both mare and stallion. That being said, the likelihood of breeding a successful racehorse in your backyard (so to speak) is almost nil. Not to mention that horse racing is a VERY expensive hobby!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
In my opinion, I don't like to double up on relatives, you have Zevi and Mito paint on the baby twice. I also think that there are easier hobbies than breeding a racehorse at home. If you want a race horse you are better off going to the yearling sales and buying a prospect. You breed your own and you have stud fee, foaling and at least two years to see if it means anything on an unproven breeding. Than you have to figure out what to do with the baby if it doesn't (and it likely won't)make it at the track.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I would like to see the pedigrees of both sire and dam to really give on honest opinion .
I have no problem linebreeding and if you want the foal to inherit certain traits then linebreeding is the surest way to get the results you want.
You can over do it so if I were you I would think really hard about this cross.
Linebreeding should only be considered by an experienced breeder who knows and understands the bloodlines to be used.

Conformation should be the first thing to consider IMO. Shalom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.