The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new mare last nigh and was wondering what you guys thought of her. Wondering what to do with her as she really hasnt been used for anything that we know of and no one on her pedigree jumps out at you. She does have Poco Bueno and Impressive and desecdants of both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I will try to get better pictures. These were just quick picks my wife got of her. HYPP is N/N and I'm assuming she hasnt been tested foe HERDA as it is not on her papers

·
Registered
566 Posts
Is it just me or is her rear higher on the left all the time. She is in several different poses and it looks the same in every one. Better pics please.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think she has kind gentle eyes. How old is she? How tall his she? I wish you many miles of happy trails.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
What do YOU want to do? Trail ride? Show? Most advice is have your goal in mind, then go looking for the horse that is trained to fit in w/that. & take an experienced horse person w/you.

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
Definitely need better pics. I see a dropped hip, which is very concerning. Hopefully it's just how she was standing, otherwise that's a problem.

·
Banned
4,289 Posts
Definitely need better pics. I see a dropped hip, which is very concerning. Hopefully it's just how she was standing, otherwise that's a problem.
I agree...the last picture in particular is disturbing as her left rear is behind the right rear and the hip is still higher on the left, so I don't see it as a matter of posture. A locked left stifle could be causing it, but I can't tell from the pictures if it is locked...

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
deanw186, I would be interested in finding out more about your mare. Such as is she sound and able to be ridden?

The reason I ask is my colt also has this issue. He was born with a warped cannon bone and so he has one hind leg shorter than the other. He is almost 17 months old and right now is sound, but I worry about his future. I would say his hips are unbalanced by about 2 inches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.