The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 37 Posts

· Registered
16,512 Posts
Farmpony, you're far kinder hearted than I am.

I've seen the ravages of EPM up close, and no way will I allow a possum to live.

I have a humongous one that is going to meet his Maker very soon. He's going to die by lead injection. I'd rather not poison him, because I don't want a predator to die by eating the carcass.

· Registered
16,512 Posts
Sure, relocate it so it's no longer your problem, but what about your neighbor down the road? Sorry, but I take care of my problems, not dump them on someone else to deal with.

I feed my barn cats once a day in the mornings, and all cat food/horse feed is locked away where Mr. Possum can't get to it.

So saying that he'll go away if he can't get to the food, has proven not to be the case where I'm concerned.

It's none of my business if y'all want to take a chance on EPM, but when it comes to my horses, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I'm all for letting nature be natural, but once it's on my property, it's vermin to be dispatched. That goes for any dangerous snakes, too. Black racers and black rat snakes get a free pass, because they help keep rodents in check. Copperheads die.

1 - 2 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.