The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The video doesn't show the fall, but I went flying and slammed into the wall. Spraining my ankle and bruising my knee pretty good. This is what my ankle looks like today, it was worse a couple days ago.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, that is definitely ouch!! I am glad though you only suffered minor injuries.

~AL615

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Kinda took off a wee bit long there! The part where you slammed into the wall is why I don't ride in indoors if I can help it. My only bad riding injury ever would not have occured if there hadn't been a wall in the way. Lots of ice the first 48 hours, and then heat to work it all out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda took off a wee bit long there! The part where you slammed into the wall is why I don't ride in indoors if I can help it. My only bad riding injury ever would not have occured if there hadn't been a wall in the way. Lots of ice the first 48 hours, and then heat to work it all out.
Haha yea he took off long and he jumped big! If it wasn't for the wall I probably would have been fine. With the climate in Canada though, if I want to do much riding then I need an indoor arena.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ooooh ouuuch! I once tried to go over a HUGE log and fell off, with my horse stepping on my arm and shattering it. It was pretty painful. But I'm alright now...that was about four years ago. Anyone else had any other bad riding incidents? Oh, and I sure do hope you feel better...are you and your horse ok other than the ankle?

_______
"You Think A Horse Can't Count? Try Putting Three Treats In Your Pocket And Only Giving Him One."

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Hope you're recovering well :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ow! Looks almost like mine did when Shanny knocked his own front leg out from under himself (at a fast lope) He fell on both my legs-missed my back,thank goodness! Horse ok,I got ok..

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I cant see the video, its private now?, but OUCH! Looks like your leg hurtssss!! Hope you feel better!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So It had been almost 2 weeks and I still couldn't put weight on my ankle so I went to my family doctor. She went to pull up my x-rays and couldn't find them! Somehow they got lost in the system and the radiologist never even saw them. So my doctor called the hospital this morning and my x-rays were finally seen by the radiologist after TWO WEEKS! The radiologist found bone fragments in the x-rays which means I've probably been going around with a broken ankle for two weeks. I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday and may have to have surgery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.