The Horse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Pepperum on here just bought a new horse - Just turned 4yo ASH/QH gelding. Unbroken, so we have been breaking him in... And it all seems to be too easy!

Anyway, here he is on his 3rd or 4th ride.

Introducing Rummy!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! He is going too well it seems like - He trotted on his thrid ride, and on hsi first ride mastered stopping and backing up. He went to a rally day at PC on about his 4/5 ride, and cantered that day. he had a bit of a buck twice - neither time seriously and we just stopped him and continued on. Steering still needs a bit of work but go, stop, back, and moving off leg are all much better than we were expecting!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
He's a looker :D Good job on his training, he looks nice and relaxed.

I have to say too, I love Aussie style bridles, but they're so expensive here...Lol!

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! He hasn't really been anything but relaxed... Lol.

Mom2pride - Really? They are cheap as chips here, except show ones (i'm planning on getting a show one for $200). The one in that pic was about $20!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
He's such a pretty colour. How tall is he?
And really, Its odd how aussie bridles cost more in the USA. There's less leather on them, so you'd think they'd be cheaper.

·
Registered
277 Posts
When you put it that way Gidji it makes sence..

Like i never thought about it ayy.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's about 15h - We excpect him to get to 15.1 or 2.

We are Northside - The property is just over the border near Macgregor.

·
Chat Moderator
3,744 Posts
WOW!! That is amazing, congrats. And, he looks like he has the best of both breeds.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
he is really cute ! nice job =]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts