Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSC04312.jpg

DSC04314.jpg

DSC04316.jpg

DSC04317.jpg

DSC04322.jpg

This is Patches, she came to us this Tuesday in need of a new home, owner needed to down size his heard and therefore handed her to us for free. =] Since we were looking for our first horse this really seemed like a godsend.
She is a registered quarterhorse paint, under the name Witches Ice Tea, from Alabama :)
She is 8yrs old and about 15.2hands. She will be my bf's horse! One blue eye and one brown she is a very pretty horse, and we think a very good fit for him. Its very evident she responds to him better than I and size wise will suit him best. We could not be more excited as this is our first horse ever. I will be attaining one for myself soon :) Looking forward to getting into the life I once lived and have dreamed about since birth!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Shutupjoe -- she may be. The person we got her from was having a hard time keeping all of them up. Patches is about a 1200lb horse who potentially could be heaftier in the summer.. the place she was didn't have alot of grazing, and where she is heading now she will have endless supplies of grass, hay and occasional sweet feed.. even in the winter months the extra large pasture she is going too has plenty of grass. Hopfully we'll thicken her up a bit.
:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I can tell! Especially pasture kept. The color isn't a big deal for me, more so the personality and she has a good one. My BF is out riding her now and says she is doing fantastic :) Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
26,532 Posts
I can't wait to see her clean and shiny in her summer coat! She's a doll!

·
Registered
52 Posts
she is a cutie! That is so nice that you and your boyfriend can share the love of horses together. Where I'm from not a lot of guys ride horses :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all! We can't wait to get her all cleaned up either!! She's gonna need a good scrubing as she came from a muddy pasture! We'll have her in a very grassy area so hopefully it won't be as bad.
I am very blessed that my BF and I share that passion.. its funny, I've known him for 10yrs and we've dated for over 3 and JUST now discovered how deep our shared passion was :) We are looking forward to many adventures :)
-- I guess its harder for guys to find a good fit for them! Everyone except Patches has looked like he was riding a pony :)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Awesome! What a cuite she is! :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I love her face, its really super dooper pretty. She's so hairy, I think she wins the hairyest horse award :)

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I love that Ice blue eye! It is so striking against the other eye and side of her face... She is a lovely girl, I am glad you got her!

Keep us updated as to how she does!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Aw! She is SO pretty! Good luck with her and welcome to the wonderful world of horses!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
She's cute!!! She definitely looks like she can use some groceries! Good luck with her!! :D

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Some TLC will do her wonders :)
Good luck and welcome to horse ownership!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THANK YOU ALL!!! We could NOT be more thrilled!!
My BF took her on a good 2 & 1/2 hr ride and she did amazing. He said all the other men that went (people who have been in the horse buisness all their lives) absolutely could NOT believe that she came to us for free. She did great. Jon said she was easy to mount and would stand or follow him when he dismounted on the trail, gave him absolutely no difficulty and liked to go fast. Also very sure footed when coming down inclines. He could not be happier! And I just can't wait to see her in action this weekend! He said she may be out of shape as she sweated more than the others that had been ridden so we should have her fattened up/ and in shape soon :) So very excited!!!

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
That is great! I love it when it all comes together. From the pictures she looks like will be a stout little horse when she gains some weight and muscle. She also looks like she is big boned - I like that in a horse.

Good luck with her!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Very pretty! Agreed, she needs quite a few pounds so keep that in mind (may want to limit riding a bit until shes fat and happy) She'll be gorgeous when filled out. Congrats on your first!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mya - the horse gods have smiled on you!

1. Gorgeous countryside to ride in.
2. Gorgeous horse as your 1st horse...and she was FREE??
3. Gorgeous boyfriend (from what I saw, looked a little like Brad Paisley?)
and, most inportantly,
4. Boyfriend who has a horse passion and loves to ride!

Congrats!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dreamer you could not be more right!! Thank you for your kind words :)
I am definitly blessed with a very handsome beau :) And the fact that he loves horses is certainly the icing on the cake!! Brad Paisely I can see it but I think he puts him to shame personally ;-)
Yes Patches our first horse a registered paint was FREE!! Amazing I know. Told my BF its the best and cheapest christmas present I've ever gotten anyone, he could not be more in love with her. She really does like him too, its very obvious!
Gorgeous countryside is right too, minus some of the larger hills we have to trek to reach our desitnation, it is perfection. I feel very blessed to call this place home, its definitly a blessing :) Thanks so much

New Image, good thinking. We've ridden her on the weekends but are supplementing her feed and loving on her as much as we can. She's in a great field with tons of grass too and we can already see some improvement after only a week. She needs alot of nurishment but I know she'll soon be fat and happy... heck she is already happy.. its obvious :) Thanks again.

Iride - I like a stout horse too, and as you can see my BF is a good size - atleast 6ft and probably about 185lbs so he definitly needs it. Even at her size now she carries him with ease and he could not be more thrilled.. seems like alot of the horses in our area aren't HUGE so this is definitly a blessing :)

Thank you all!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts