The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not going to bore you with details of my life, so here are our horses & pony:

Well, not exactly sure how this works...but anyways, I guess I'll just describe each horse and you can fit them to the pictures.

PICTURE #1: This is Maggie, one of my dad's Percherons. I'm pretty sure she's 9 now. She's really hyperactive and eager, but she was a mennonite horse and so is well trained and respectful by nature. She's about 16.1 HH.

PICTURE #2: In the foreground is Savannah, my dad's second Percheron mare. (Behind her's Lily and Buddy.) Yes, I am aware that she is obscenely fat and don't need comments telling me that. She's SO lazy it's not even funny, and she's a pretty mellow horse. I always think of her as a dinosaur, because she's just so large (lol). Savannah's 16 hands.

PICTURE #3: This is Lily, my sister's filly. Lily's 2 now, she's some sort of Quarter horse cross, and I'm not exactly sure how tall she is (taller than Tango, anyways). In this picture she was really skinny (and I'm pretty sure she had worms). This was taken a few days after my sister moved her here from her boyfriend's, because his family wasn't taking care of her very well. That winter Lily had damaged her legs really badly, and the bf's parents said she had slipped on ice (I don't know if this is true or not). She still has the scars, and she probably will for life. Apparently at the bf's place Lil was really spooky and freaked out at everything, but I can hardly believe that because here she's totally chill and quiet. She's just buddy-sour because nobody's worked with her all winter.

PICTURE #4: On the right is Buddy, our elderly little pony. He came to us when I was 5, my sister was 9, and the first night we got him I was bucked off and dislocated my arm as he spooked at a dog. For several years after I was scared of him, but now you wouldn't believe how chill he is. I never believe there's such thing as a bombproof horse, but Buddy actually is. You can take him ANYWHERE, do anything, and he is just so indifferent.

PICTURE #5&6: And finally is my reason for living, and for waking up every morning. The paint is Tango. She's 6 now, and is technically just over the height of a large pony, but she has so much personality. She's so eager and she just gets so worked up over stuff that doesn't even really matter, but she's very well-trained and respectful, and is pretty quiet by nature.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Gorgeous horses. I really like how thick that little pony is, he's huge!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*Forgot to add before! Maggie's actually Standardbred/Perch cross (typical of the mennonites to have a Standy cross, eh?)*
I know-I've always found Maggie's confirmation really appealing, even though I'm definitely no expert in the matter. It's funny how her hair's like, platinum blonde. Dad recently chopped it short, and you could pretty much make a wig out of it, it's just that perfect XD.

Lol the pony's actually really thin now, 'cause he's getting old and he always gets ratty over the winter. He just looks like he has a deep girth in that pic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very nice! :)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Beautiful horses!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts