The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, it's that time again. Time to get new paddock boots!
The Ariat Lacer boots I own have lived their life, and I don't think I'll be buying from the company again.
The boots lost their color in a matter of a few weeks. They're worn on the seams and are hurting my feet. I only bought them a little over two years ago, and only used them for a year before I got tall cowboy boots. I'm transitioning back to English so I need paddock boots again!
Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm liking the Tredstep Giotto Lace Zip Paddocks, any experience with them?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I absaloutly loved my Ariat paddock boots. I never had any problems with them. They were the most comfortable paddock boots I owned. Unfortunately after they wore out I bought an expensive pair of tall boots and had to buy a cheap pair of paddock boots instead. Thats odd that your Ariat boots lost their color and wore out. I haven't tried the Tredstep paddock boots, but I do have the Tredstep DaVinci tall boots. I love them! Not sure about the paddock boots though, but Tredstep is a nice brand.

·
Registered
49,728 Posts
Arait will refund or exchange for them , if they don't last as they should.

I had the Ariat lace up paddock boots, the one with the Cobalt sole, and they were the more pricey ones. the things that the laces go around dug into my chin when in the saddle. I had a cobbler cut out one of them, where there is the most bend in the ankle, so that it does not dig into the ankle/lower chin. now they are fine. But to be honest, I wear my zipper Ariat winter boots all year, except when it's really hot. they are super comfy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks sheenanaginz, I talked it over with my mom, and we bought the Tredstep Giottos, hopefully they'll work out!
I'll have to look into talking to Ariat about it, TinyLiny, thank you! I absolutely love my Ariat cowboy boots and despite how much I've used them, in muck, mud, and heat, they've held up! I just don't know why my paddock boots wore like they did.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I dislike Tredstep. I'm currently having the zipper replaced on my second pair of half chaps from them (I sent the 1st pair back and got a replacement; each pair lasted about 3-4 months before the zipper track started coming unstitched) They're the only pair I've ever found in my size, so I don't want to send them back for a refund. I've also had two pairs of breeches that died the first time being worn (on the first the button on the waistband broke, and the other got a hole in the seam on the seat, though the hole may have been there the whole time and I just didn't see it at first...)

My Ariat paddock boots, on the other hand, have always lasted a long time. I usually get a good 2 years of wearing 3-4 times per week and not being particularly nice to them (wearing while bathing my horse... almost never cleaning them...) They do get rubs where the half chaps sit on them, but I'd expect that. Other than that, never had any problems with discoloration. I usually get the Heritage III Zip model, though I currently also have the London model that I keep for showing only- no zipper or lace up makes a very clean look with half chaps.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I agree with Tiny on the Ariat choice, I have the performer lace up and love them A very short break-in period and you can essentially customize them to your legs. I bought a nice pair I found in Dover's clearance section for $99.00.

Certainly worth a look !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.