The Horse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! If you know any cool facts about Paint horse please share! Also, send some photos of your Paint horse if you have one!

·
Registered
392 Posts

The drill team I ride for requires you ride a paint, so we have paints of every color and pattern (except no crop outs or solid breds). When we used to ride at APHA Paint World, we gave a demonstration and I gave a short informational talk on the history of paints and their uses over the years. I always liked the fact that some Indian tribes preferred paints since they were already somewhat camouflaged, and a lot of times the flashiest paints were reserved for the chiefs/higher ranking braves as it was considered an honor to ride one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
The last time and the first time I posted a picture, I think that I got into trouble with it. So I not going to post pictures for the time being.

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
Horse Working animal Liver Terrestrial animal Plant
Horse Sky Eye Natural environment Tree

Black paint is Cloud. The 3 sorrel butts from left to right are Flash, TJ, and Freckles. Thunder is the second picture.

Freckles is the dam of Thunder who is the sire of Cloud, TJ & Flash. TJ and Flash are full brothers, Cloud has a different dam. Since they all had their official birthday on the 1st Frecks is 27, Thunder 22, TJ & Cloud 18 and Flash is the youngster in the family at 16 (although he won't really be 16 until October because he was a hubby forgot to shut the gate surprise).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The drill team I ride for requires you ride a paint, so we have paints of every color and pattern (except no crop outs or solid breds). When we used to ride at APHA Paint World, we gave a demonstration and I gave a short informational talk on the history of paints and their uses over the years. I always liked the fact that some Indian tribes preferred paints since they were already somewhat camouflaged, and a lot of times the flashiest paints were reserved for the chiefs/higher ranking braves as it was considered an honor to ride one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMG that looks like so much fun and wow that looks so cool IM IN LOVE!!!!!

·
Registered
15,089 Posts
#1 Bright As A Star aka Honey Boo Boo, registered APHA, what you can't see is her HUGE belly spot.
#2 & #3 Classic Play Style aka Snow White, registered APHA, PtHA, AQHA
#4 LA Peppermint Patti aka Patti, register PtHA, she's 3/4 Saddlebred & 1/4 Arab

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts