The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Oh yeah, when I first started riding they only let me ride bareback for probably the first 3 years. I fell off constantly. Now bareback or not I like to think I have very good posture and am very balanced and am confident riding all types of horses and I think that my correct posture plays a big deal into it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Completely agree. I definitely see that swaybacked, "deep" dressage seat in the upper level riders, and I don't like it one bit.
I agree too that your ideal seat is where a rider should be, good drawings :)
Thanks. :)
(I like this forum! :D Whenever I write in horse forums I'm prepared to fight for my point of view.. but here there's nobody attacking me for them. x)
I'm so destroyed from bukefalos.. -_-;)

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
(I like this forum! :D Whenever I write in horse forums I'm prepared to fight for my point of view.. but here there's nobody attacking me for them. x)
Oh believe me, if you say something I don't agree with.... hold on to your hat ;)

Kidding.. mostly..ish?

ETA - what are bukefalos?

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Yeah, everyone falls off once in a while. Regardless of how good a rider you are. As for paying $7000 for 1 saddle? HA!!! I could get a custom made saddle for each of my 3 horses for less than that.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Oh believe me, if you say something I don't agree with.... hold on to your hat ;)

Kidding.. mostly..ish?

ETA - what are bukefalos?
hehe..I have noticed x) But not as badly as THERE >____>
Bukefalos.com is a swedish horse forum much like this.. but with a weird set of moral rules.
If someone asks when the next show in stockholm will be, and you link to the ridng associations omepage with the list for shows, your answer wil be deleted.
if you post a thread that's similiar to a thread that someone wrote before (even if it's three years ago) it will get locked. Unless it's about brown bridles or something.. I think there were like 20 threads about bown bridles at some point.. but don't you dare wrinting about something interesting, like barefot vs. shoes or treefree saddles or anything.
At the same time, it's completely ok to yell and inult each other. Calling a 12 years old girl on her pony ''fat'' for showing a picture where they're a little off balance must be constructive critisism :p Or generally just saying that everyone not thinking exactly like you, doesn't have any experience withhorses or are animal abusers.. that's also ok and won't be deleted. x)

I love that place, but you get kinda defencive and.. well.. XD It can be too much sometims..

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
There is always a difference between attacking and little too hot discussion... :D You just have to pay less attention to the first one...

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
At the same time, it's completely ok to yell and inult each other. Calling a 12 years old girl on her pony ''fat'' for showing a picture where they're a little off balance must be constructive critisism :p
Wow! That's sounds like BS to me (excuse my language)...
I know people in Europe (well and not only) are pretty straight, but still it's too much...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
That place is extreme even for us :p

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.