The Horse Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to learn a bit more about horse breeding and just general bloodlines and such. Since I have a TB, I've learnt a decent amount about them, but I live where Quarter Horses are the most prominant breed and I'd like to delve into that more as I hope to get a QH sometime in the future. Now, personally, I don't care too much about a horses breeding, but I do find it quite interesting to learn about.

Anyway, a lady who boards horses occasionally at the stable that I'm at has a few foals that were born this year. And we got to talking and she did teach me a bit about breeding and which horses are good to have in the background and so on. But I'm also curious as to what your guys thoughts are on these two lines. To you, what were these horses bred to do? And any particularly good names or anything that stands out in general about them?
Also, side note, she bought the mare already bred so she doesn't own the sire and didn't preplan the mare to be bred to him just to throw it out there (at least as far as I know).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts