1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this mare is so pretty, isn't she?

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Hair Mane

Drawing Horse Mane Sketch Painting

I haven't done any ink portraits for a long time. I did this one rather quickly, like 1.5 hours including the sketch in pencil, so it doesn't have a lot of detail, and isn't 100% accurate. but, I wanted to get the charming look of her eyes and mane, the adorable look.

·
Registered
257 Posts
She is sooooo cute!! And such a sweet innocent face as well(I wonder if she is as innocent as she looks?? Haha). You captured her to the T Tinyliny!!

~ErinaS~
P.S. I love the way her eyes look, so round and big and just...just shining!

·
Registered
695 Posts
She is beautiful, as is your art work!

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Her eyes do scream "pretty", don't they?

Pretty horse and pretty art work!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
LOVE her eyes. It's as though you've brought them into focus and the rest is just supportive decoration to further the story she's clearly eager to tell.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
13,661 Posts
She is sooooo cute!! And such a sweet innocent face as well(I wonder if she is as innocent as she looks?? Haha). You captured her to the T Tinyliny!!

~ErinaS~
P.S. I love the way her eyes look, so round and big and just...just shining!
Her name is Angel and she is the Sweetest Mare I have ever known, she will lick you like a puppy dog and follow next to you in perfect step :wink:

Now if I can only get a hard copy from Tiny for my wall... hint, hint :lol:

·
Registered
49,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOVE her eyes. It's as though you've brought them into focus and the rest is just supportive decoration to further the story she's clearly eager to tell.
Posted via Mobile Device

thankyou, thankyou, thank you! that is exactly what I want to bring to the paper! that the most important part of an image, the thing that creates the feeling, take center stage and the rest is just supportive.

happy dance!

·
Registered
49,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that painting is done in ink wash. I use sumi ink. it's usually used for Chinese or Japanese caligraphy. it comes in a hard "cake", which you grind on an inkstone and dilute to the darkness you want. then, I use layer upon layer, building up from lightest to darkest. it's on watercolor paper, not rice paper. the ink is not exactly black, but rather a more charcoal color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts